62 Soa??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone done this to a 62 or other cruisers I really want to but don't really have the know how and room to do so i was unable to attend the meeting last week something came up it pissed me off i will be at the next one. my cruiser is coming along i am working on rust fenders and doors it is looking good. last week i was driving to work and the temp gauge went up a little and went right back down i freaked i went home that night and looked under the oil cap:eek: holy crappppp there was some white muck i must have a tiny leak my water level goes down really slow i talked to spector offroad and they said that 62 are know to crack in the head right next to the freeze plug i took the valve cover off and no visable signs of water around where he said they crack i am going to put that coolant stop leak crap in and see if it makes a difference and go from there it never gets close to red zone but don't want to get there i don't know but stll lovin 62 i am in the middle of putting fender flaires on to help cover up the rust snorkel trying to figure out what to do with all the extra air lines but my next huge project is the soa i'll buy the beer any takers i want crazy lift later on guys

That is the most incredible run on statement I have ever read! Just messing around man, LOL...

Here is a good thread on SOA 62's : https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=117894

SOA is a big project in general. What is your primary use for your 62? Do you have fab skills and tools? that is a big part of the equation in terms of doing it yourself. On the other hand, you could get the hard/technical part out of the way via http://cruiseroutfitters.com/customfab.html

HTH, see you at the Feb. 24th trailride at Rausch?

i have the tools but i think i am kind of nervous of doin my self i need that other person sayin yeah go ahead cut it but cool i will checkc it out yeah i was home with the kid last night didn't have much to do later

coolant level issues + temp gauge fluctuation + white gook in your oil (ESPECIALLY his one!)
= blown head gasket!

could be a cracked head but you won't know for sure until you get the head off.
That sux man!

DO NOT put stop leak in your engine!!!!!!!!

that stuff does more harm to your whole cooling system and will not help with a head gasket issue!

If you don't want to do this yourself, and don't have a COMPETENT mechanic, there's a garage down here in Ship that can do the work for you. They're a little slow, but do good work and have already replaced another members headgasket in his FJ60.
Just an option.

.....ah yea..... and WELCOME!!!!! :D

yeah sweet got everything off and headgasket lokks ah i don't know i had a buddy come over and look at it he is a mechanic and he thought he saw maybe where it might have been getting through not combustion side so it is now all back together waitin on one part to be abel to turn key and we will see do you think i will have to adjust the valves at all thanks for the tech the white beast will be present at the ride this coming weekend if it starts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom