Registry 60-series Registry (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1985 BJ60 - April, Stock 3B w/ H55F - JT3BJ60G1F0015920
2. Jakob Peyerl - TLCA 24138
3. Thumper
4. 280,000 KM - Previous owner kept a log of every single trip out of city
5. OME Shocks & Steering stabilizer, Warn 8274, Custom front & Rear bumpers, Rear storage platform, Heated seats, Converted a 62 centre console to fit, and it flips up to reveal fuses. Also H4 headlights, BT Stereo, HAM radio, 70 Series mirrors, 4Runner wiper blades, Dome light upgrade, new door speakers, trailer hitch.
6. Been my daily driver for the past 3 years, since the day I turned 16 (though I spent two years before that redoing all the rusted panels from 30 years of Canadian life)

20190708-IMG_0037.jpg

Last edited:
1.HJ60 1989
2.Kamarul
3. Kukujer
4. 350000+ km
5. 12HT, H55 Trans 5 Sp Manual, CT26 Turbo at 15psi, 3 Inch Exhaust, 32x11.5x15 Inch Tyres, 5 Inch Engineering Shackles with EFS Lift Springs, Roof Rack, Snorkel.
6. Rig was actually our family car as a kid and was passed down from my Dad on my 37th BirthDay...Now rig is for adventures with family ;)
20190922_144606.jpg

Time to join and contribute after years of gleaning some good know-how from all the great IH8Mud members. Want to say thanks to all the users who have posted excellent write-ups and pics to help me keep this girl on the road for last 5 years.

1. 1983 FJ60 USA version
2. H Thomas
3. No name yet - so lame
4. 161,000 miles
5. OME 2" lift + steering stabilizer, ARB front safari bumper with WARN M8000 winch, 16x7" steel wheel ("Wheel Vintiques smoothie"), Dean Backcountry MT 33" tires.
6. Summertime daily driver, occasional wheeling/fishing/camping
7. attached below

IMG_1990 copy.jpg

I'll miss Dusty, my first fj60. Also attached. Dying to get that dessert Beige back. Should I paint this one?

IMG_7972.JPG

Last edited:
Time to join and contribute after years of gleaning some good know-how from all the great IH8Mud members. Want to say thanks to all the users who have posted excellent write-ups and pics to help me keep this girl on the road for last 5 years.

1. 1983 FJ60 USA version
2. H Thomas
3. No name yet - so lame
4. 161,000 miles
5. OME 2" lift + steering stabilizer, ARB front safari bumper with WARN M8000 winch, 16x7" steel wheel ("Wheel Vintiques smoothie"), Dean Backcountry MT 33" tires.
6. Summertime daily driver, occasional wheeling/fishing/camping
7. attached below

View attachment 2277418

I'll miss Dusty, my first fj60. Also attached. Dying to get that dessert Beige back. Should I paint this one?

View attachment 2277465
Just love the beige color on fj60s..😁

1. 1985 FJ60
2. Jenny Masters
3. have to work on this:hmm:
4. welllll, see mods👇
5. when I bought it a year ago the odometer said 167,000 miles though it hadn't been working in years. I replaced the speedometer cable so I could see how fast I was going....drove several thousand miles, but the latest mod was replacing the gauge cluster from a parts LC I purchased, because the tripometer wasn't functioning on mine and that says 221,000. I needed the tripometer because the fuel gauge also doesn't work, just making the guessing game of how much gas i have a little easier. :clap: I patched up a few holes inside. replaced the starter, alternator, and headlight washer tank and motor (from parts LC. I got the main dome light working, as well. Had a roof rack built. I had a platform built for sleeping, with some storage underneath (this is a work in progress). added an ammo can to the roof rack to serve as my toolbox. The latest mod is the light-bar...I got super lucky that the wiring and button for turning on and off inside the cab was preexisting...literally just needed to reroute and connect. Oh, and some stickers....they count as mods right?;)
6. I've been using it as my daily driver..because well..it's just too cool! We did use it for a couple weekend camping trips last fall mostly just to test out how the platform would work. I recently bought a reliable car so I can start working on the suspension and building and replacing the side panels in the back to try to keep the dust from coming in.
landcruiser.jpg

1. 1985 FJ60
2. Jenny Masters
4. welllll, see mods👇
5. when I bought it a year ago the odometer said 167,000 miles though it hadn't been working in years. I replaced the speedometer cable so I could see how fast I was going....drove several thousand miles, but the latest mod was replacing the gauge cluster from a parts LC I purchased, because the tripometer wasn't functioning on mine and that says 221,000. I needed the tripometer because the fuel gauge also doesn't work, just making the guessing game of how much gas i have a little easier. :clap: I patched up a few holes inside. replaced the starter, alternator, and headlight washer tank and motor (from parts LC. I got the main dome light working, as well. Had a roof rack built. I had a platform built for sleeping, with some storage underneath (this is a work in progress). added an ammo can to the roof rack to serve as my toolbox. The latest mod is the light-bar...I got super lucky that the wiring and button for turning on and off inside the cab was preexisting...literally just needed to reroute and connect. Oh, and some stickers....they count as mods right?;)
6. I've been using it as my daily driver..because well..it's just too cool! We did use it for a couple weekend camping trips last fall mostly just to test out how the platform would work. I recently bought a reliable car so I can start working on the suspension and building and replacing the side panels in the back to try to keep the dust from coming in.
View attachment 2299506
welcome @dustycruiser, seems like you've got a fairly solid start happening there. n if you ever feel overwhelmed by the work you have to do on it, may i recommend some light reading, checkout @NeverGiveUpYota 's build thread here in the 60 section. its inspirational.
oh yeah, regarding stickers, the cooler the sticker, the higher the hp gain. they usually start at 5hp:hillbilly:

welcome @dustycruiser, seems like you've got a fairly solid start happening there. n if you ever feel overwhelmed by the work you have to do on it, may i recommend some light reading, checkout @NeverGiveUpYota 's build thread here in the 60 section. its inspirational.
oh yeah, regarding stickers, the cooler the sticker, the higher the hp gain. they usually start at 5hp:hillbilly:
:clap: :rofl: Good to know about sticker mods!! Thank you for the link I will definitely check it out....and Thank you for the Welcome. I typically hate forums but this one ....Ih8mudd...just kept inserting itself into every answer to every question I asked google...it couldn't be ignored:hmm:....INVALUABLE!!!!!!:steer:🥇🏆

:clap: :rofl: Good to know about sticker mods!! Thank you for the link I will definitely check it out....and Thank you for the Welcome. I typically hate forums but this one ....Ih8mudd...just kept inserting itself into every answer to every question I asked google...it couldn't be ignored:hmm:....INVALUABLE!!!!!!:steer:🥇🏆
why not start a thread so we don't clutter the registry. no, we can't be ignored :meh:

1. 1987 FJ60
2. CeeJay S.
3. N/A (yet)
4. 213,000 Mi.
5. Frame Off Resto-Mod In Progress: Powder coated the Frame, Installed Heavy OME suspension, fully rebuilt front axle, body is currently under construction.
6. Camping/Overland Rig
7. Only one photo? :hmm: Well its not in one piece so i guess it will be the frame...😆

I joined quite awhile back and finally decided to share my project. My rig is currently a work is progress as you can see. The body is in paint prep mode right now, with the rear quarters already in primer.
Cruiser Frame.jpg

1. 1985 FJ60
2. Jenny Masters
4. welllll, see mods👇
View attachment 2299506
So, I had a brain fart while writing up this post.....the LC that I drive is a 1987. My parts vehicle is an '85:doh:

1. 1988 HJ61 (Chassis # HJ61-010037)
2. Joe Boggs
3. None
4. 277,500 km
5. Racor 230 fuel filter, mounted in engine bay. Previous owner removed the sedimenter and installed an inline fuel filter, which leaked air and did not effectively separate water. Previous owner removed PTO winch and extended bumper at some point. Imported to the United States in 2013.
6. Primary vehicle, but only put about 200 km per month on it.

IMG_6378.JPG

1. 1984 FJ60
2. Jim Young
3. Vacuum hose
4. 185k
5. Stock at the moment, but selling my jeep to fund a Cummins R2.8 conversion, emu lift, lockers, etc.
6. Exploring, scouting, hunting

IMG_20200419_104850.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom