60 Build-up begins shortly - need input (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bernefj60 said:
while we're on this and while i'm thinking about it, does anyone know if it's possible to buy the high roof for the 60? I'm thinking from toyota if it could even be ordered it would be ridiculously expensive, but what about used?

Ideas?
Rob

Rob, talk to Rob Mullen, he bought a complete hi-roof from an Australian wrecker for a really good price, had it shipped to Canada and then grafted it on to a rust-free body he'd bought that had a tweaked pillar. I might be able to dig up some pictures somewhere....

rob-

why a month for parts for a JDM diesel?

ENS has everything for HZ's and many cross to HD-T's

spares you might need can be found in US system for many items, turbo gaskets (some), valve cover gaskets, etc, etc.

and aussie dealers can ship in under a week to US (I am doing this right now..)

rick_d said:
rob-

why a month for parts for a JDM diesel?

ENS has everything for HZ's and many cross to HD-T's

spares you might need can be found in US system for many items, turbo gaskets (some), valve cover gaskets, etc, etc.

and aussie dealers can ship in under a week to US (I am doing this right now..)

I was wondering the same thing...

gb

bernefj60 said:
while we're on this and while i'm thinking about it, does anyone know if it's possible to buy the high roof for the 60? I'm thinking from toyota if it could even be ordered it would be ridiculously expensive, but what about used?

Ideas?
Rob

Check G&S Cruiser Parts. They may have an hj61 high roof that they are partng out?

M

gnx7 said:
6.0/NV4500.... or 6.0/4L80E gets my vote. If you plan to tow... get the 4L80E no doubt over the 4L60E if you go auto.

The 5.3 engines are cheaper as they are in less demand. Buy a complete takeout so you have all the parts. The little things will nickel and dime you to death. Get the eFans from the truck as they are huge (5,000cfm I believe).

http://www.car-part.com is your friend for takeouts

Can you post a picture of your truck in its current form? It sounds like it should look pretty wild with those 37" tires. Is it SOA or just a lift?

-Mark

Thanks for the link! I found a good engine and trans (6.0L/4L80E) for a great price near me.

pics to come...

rob

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10428&item=4563127251&rd=1

Australian eBay - Hi roof 60 series cruiser. (just for interest!)

37_1_b.JPG

There you go, Rob, Hi-roof, sliding rear windows *and* the cool wing window on the front doors, it doesn't get much better than that! :)

just fir funsies how much would it cost to ship that to the east coast of the US? Too bad its missing the 3rd row seats. :(

Unfortunately, I can't help with any ideas on the transport costs (and I'm in another state from the vehicle over 800 miles away so I can't check it out for you).
But this company has free quotes:
http://vanlines.com.au/

Or Exiled might be able to put you in touch with the other fellow that imported a cruiser body.

BTW: the third row seats are fairly popular over here and usually sell for a lot more than what the body is going for. Shame it doesn't still have the rear diff in it as we only have full-floaters here!
BTW (2): if you were to ship it in a shipping container then the shipping cost would not increase if you filled the car full of other parts!!!!

RoddQLD said:
BTW: the third row seats are fairly popular over here and usually sell for a lot more than what the body is going for.

Anyone have pictures of 60 series 3rd row seats? Sorry for the jack..

Thanks for the props, however G&S has not any highroofs for sale right now. We do have an HJ61 parts rig coming, however the bodies and frames get picked up pretty quickly as complete units to replace Cdn rusty ones...

gb

Hey Rob,

Any news on this project??? Was just thinking about it today as I was running my plans around in my head and wondered what happened with your huge project...

The issue with the 4L80E in a 60 using the AA adapter is going to be the front driveshaft. I thought I heard that your truck is currently running 37s so obviously its SOA or has some serious springs to get the lift. If you are running a CV shaft, it will not clear the 4L80 case. If you run a standard single joint driveshaft, it will work Ok, but its tight. If it were me to do again, (I had a 4L60E replaced it with a 4L80E) I would most definately go with the 4L60E for the 3.06 first gear and more DS clearance. They will perform fine with the weight of your 60. I had one for years in my 87.
I have brought parts in from Aus before, the shipping is not that bad.
Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom