#6 dead (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 91 4.0 started running rough yesterday. Pulled wire off #6 and no change (idle), replaced plug, no change. What’s the odds my valves are the issue? I’ve got spark to the plug, and fuel.

My 91 4.0 started running rough yesterday. Pulled wire off #6 and no change (idle), replaced plug, no change. What’s the odds my valves are the issue? I’ve got spark to the plug, and fuel.
How do you know you have fuel to THAT cylinder?

Run a compression test, or at least get a reading on that cylinder. It won't fire much below 100# of compression.

If it is low, start with adjusting at least those 2 valves. If problem persists, then it's off with his head! (Halloween humor 🙄

Soooo, upon further digging, compression tested, 1-4 cylinders ran 120#, 5&6 had Maybe 20#. Sounded like they were blowing out of each other’s cylinder. That would be a frickin head gasket, huh?

Soooo, upon further digging, compression tested, 1-4 cylinders ran 120#, 5&6 had Maybe 20#. Sounded like they were blowing out of each other’s cylinder. That would be a frickin head gasket, huh?
Unfortunately, yes.

nice thing is those 3f heads are much easier to pull than the 1fz. Condolences still.

I'm sorry. That sucks. You're following me by about a year. I did my head gasket this time last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom