5.3 to th350 to orion front drive shaft interference ??'s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Like the title states, I'm in the process of swapping a 2006 5.3/th350/orion into my 40. Test fit the whole shebang last night for the first time and I noticed that the transmission pan is fighting for room with my front drive shaft.

20180219_202024.jpg
20180220_093308.jpg

The 40 is at soa height (soa rear, radius arms and coils up front) and my front axle is shoved 5" forward. The front shaft has a big double cardan at the t case (which is what makes contact).
The drastic solution.
I've looked and it seems like I can take a bit of material off of the trans pan/flange and, unless theres something in the way underneath, I can cut and paste the pan itself.

The not so drastic solution.
Unless theres a good reason not to.... I havent tried yet but it seems that if i flipped the shaft around so that the cardan is at the diff and the slip is at the transfer case it just may clear since the shaft is nice and skinny at that end...

Another option is to remove the dc completely and just run the one u joint, still flipping the shaft so the skinny slip end is at the case. My fj60 is roughly the same height (soa), it doesnt have a double cardan on the front shaft and has the slip at the case without issue.

Potato pic of the 60 shaft

20180220_094104.jpg

Any input is appreciated guys, i was kinda pumped how everything lined up till i saw this..

D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom