47k miles 2007 Tundra Alternator Fail!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is absurd. 47k miles and I'm replacing the alternator.

Top it off Locally at part store part is $282. Toyota? Upper $600. Plus almost $200 to install. This is ridiculous.

Does anyone have a FSM for a 5.7 tundra as this is going to have to be a DIY job for me. Thanks.

This is absurd. 47k miles and I'm replacing the alternator.

Top it off Locally at part store part is $282. Toyota? Upper $600. Plus almost $200 to install. This is ridiculous.

Does anyone have a FSM for a 5.7 tundra as this is going to have to be a DIY job for me. Thanks.

It's not too hard to change. You should be able to look the process up online. If you would rather have an OEM one shoot me an email and I can price it for you. It won't be as cheap as an aftermarket but MUCH cheaper than you would pay at the dealer.

For what it's worth, I've been selling Toyota parts since long before the 5.7 Tundra came out and I can't say that I've ever sold an alternator for one. It's just like anything else. Parts can fail. Look at the number of Toyotas on the road today. They really have very little problems when you look at the big picture. I know that doesn't help you get your truck fixed though. :frown:

I felt the same was as my starter....I had to replace it on my 2007 tundra. The sucky part of it is that you need to take off the exhaust manifold (what is it with having to remove the exhaust manifold or the intake manifold on toyotas?)

other than that and a few brake pads, 129k miles and counting...

I had to replace my water pump at 42K on my '07. Luckily it was still under warranty. The dealer cost to replace was $650'ish.

Had my alternator fail at about 80k on my 07 but we figured it had something to do with snowplowing with it and excess moisture and salt getting in there. Besides that it is going good with almost 150k on it now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom