470 with pristine interior but rust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello! New here so I apologize if I posted this in the wrong forum! Found a local trade 2009 95k GX 470 with sport and nav/ML package. Just came back from the dealership with the photos attached. Basically the interior is pristine with VLINE installed too. Only minor wear and tear and less than expected for age.

All service at Lexus with full history on the website. Serpentine, timing, and water pump done at 85k. Alternator at 88k. After driving it, probably needs alignment and rotors/pads because it shudders while braking.

However, the underbody is kind of scary for someone without a good understanding of this rust. Thoughts? Can this be wire brushed, converted, and painted? I couldn't find any holes but I'm also not sure where I'm looking for them.

The car is at a no haggle dealer but I’m sure other things can be accommodated. I’d want a full front and rear differential fluid exchange, transfer case fluid, transmission fluid, brake pad and rotors, and new tires. Probably won't get all/any of the above 😂

Full album:

tempImageXrqdUO.png

tempImageDCLNiQ.png

tempImageqjsIFQ.png

Last edited:
That’s not that bad. Looks like a typical Midwest truck. I’ve patched my frame a few times and it only has 170k on it. Been in Ohio it’s whole life but the interior and exterior otherwise were showroom new looking. That’s just the name of the game anywhere that’s not super dry. Great drivetrain but garbage frames.

That’s not that bad. Looks like a typical Midwest truck. I’ve patched my frame a few times and it only has 170k on it. Been in Ohio it’s whole life but the interior and exterior otherwise were showroom new looking. That’s just the name of the game anywhere that’s not super dry. Great drivetrain but garbage frames.
Yeah, this one came from Michigan. Looked like it was garaged for like 4-5 years between 2014-19 then auctioned.

I’ve got a bit more ease after reading through these forums and some of these but definitely not at the current price. They are asking 24k, RAISING it after I told them about the rust lol. No haggle at AN CDJR in Seattle.

I think I’d consider it for 17-18k. It has the Bird's Eye Maple that I really like lol. Tow kit and 3rd row AC with the seats.

Last edited:
Price seems high. Rust does not look that bad. The frames on these rust easily.

I don't know why Toyota doesn't use a better coating on them.

I've certainly seen worse, but that's definitely beyond surface rust. It really seems to be concentrated at the seams/welds. For that price, I'd keep looking.

I'd give it a go at $16k, but to me that price is really hanging it's hat on the low miles and completely ignoring the rust.

Maybe it’s because I live in So Cal, but I wouldn’t touch that rig because of the rust. It’s definitely not “mild surface rust” and it will get worse. Unless of course you into a lot of work and it’s a slamming deal like $13k. Otherwise keep looking. There are plenty of no rust GX’s rolling around here and other non-salt states.

Wow yeah dude that price is pretty high. I’d maybe skip that one. You could find something nicer out your way for that price.
I will say that Michigan is 100% the worst when it comes to rust.

The rust does not look much worse than my '07 was and could probably be treated easily with Fluid Film or Wool Wax (as long as no areas are actually rusting through). But that price is WAY too high - it should be 100% mint for $24k. I know prices are higher in the PNW but it's just too much for a GX that isn't pristine in every possible way. If these seriously are going for that much mine is now for sale for $24K :).

Way to high on price!!! Here in Puerto Rico there's a couple ones for sale between 10k to 14K in way better conditions. I might start a business of selling GX here to the states for that kind of money.....🤔

Way to high on price!!! Here in Puerto Rico there's a couple ones for sale between 10k to 14K in way better conditions. I might start a business of selling GX here to the states for that kind of money.....🤔
Guaranteed no rust right?! :D Are the options the same in PR as the US spec?

Better conditions than the one of this thread. Same US specs, most one's are non-nav, no-kdss. There is two 2003 right know for sale for $7k each.
Wow that’s pretty cheap.

Better conditions than the one of this thread. Same US specs, most one's are non-nav, no-kdss. There is two 2003 right know for sale for $7k each.
So uh, how does one import from PR. I’m guessing no rust issues there 🤣

Rust isn't terminal like folks on here have said. Although the seller is smoking crack asking that much money. If it was a cheap truck I'd snag it up, some rust coating/fluid film/paint and enjoy.

So uh, how does one import from PR. I’m guessing no rust issues there 🤣
It's been a while, but I was on the business of buying cars for cheap in the states and sell it in PR to make money. I believe the cost is around $1200 from PR to FL, normally Jacksonville. There is a couple of companies in that business. Vehicles transported by sea ( obviously, is an island). There is no rust issues, unless the vehicle spend most of the time near the coast.

It's been a while, but I was on the business of buying cars for cheap in the states and sell it in PR to make money. I believe the cost is around $1200 from PR to FL, normally Jacksonville. There is a couple of companies in that business. Vehicles transported by sea ( obviously, is an island). There is no rust issues, unless the vehicle spend most of the time near the coast.
Man...that seems like a lot of money. While I just got mine out of southern CA, for sure I would sell it to anyone for that kind of money. Zero rust and crazy clean underneath. 138K miles. I would not call the interior "pristine" as that would have to be really, really nice. But I would call it way, way nicer than anyone would ever believe in a vehicle with 138K miles. I would keep looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom