45 swb bed repair questions (1 Viewer)

From the reading I have done it seems like no one makes specific bed repair bits for the swb 45. My goal is not to make mine perfect but repair the worst of the rust, keep the patina and make it clean, solid and presentable. My plan is to buy available applicable fj40 bits and make what I can’t buy.

1) who makes the best rear sill repair to graft in (I realize the curve goes further along on the 45)
2) I’m gonna make several of the other channel sections if anyone is in the same boat
3) are the 40 and 45 swb tub corners the same shape?
4) is there any difference in the drop down tailgate from 63 to 65?
5) my rear crossmember is hosed does anyone sell those ( yay hot rivets)

It just so happens there are plans for SWB beds and SWB-style beds for a LWB. It'll be in kit format, but shipping might be a killer as its coming from down undahhhhh. The guy you want to talk to is Kingsley T Mohammed on the 40 SERIES LANDCRUISER OWNERS Facebook page. No affiliation, but if you want testimonials just search that page for his name and you'll see scores of people very happy with his work.

DomSmith

SILVER Star
It just so happens there are plans for SWB beds and SWB-style beds for a LWB. It'll be in kit format, but shipping might be a killer as its coming from down undahhhhh. The guy you want to talk to is Kingsley T Mohammed on the 40 SERIES LANDCRUISER OWNERS Facebook page. No affiliation, but if you want testimonials just search that page for his name and you'll see scores of people very happy with his work.

I wonder if they have SWB tailgates?

I’ve been corresponding with him - I did ask that - will let you know. I see some people selling tailgates like sor, real steel etc and I was wondering if those are different (aside from what looks like a mount for a license plate
I wonder if they have SWB tailgates?

Still hoping to move forward with this repair in the not too distant future. Any wisdom here regarding these repairs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom