4 x 4 Rides Hagerstown Maryland WARNING

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Mar 31, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
4
Location
Tennessee
I got taken big time by Chris Lanier and 4 x 4 Rides. I trusted him based on being a veteran and subscribing to his you tube channel for years. It's my own fault for believing the fantasy description of the vehicle. Paid $18,200 for an 06 Cruiser that, in his words, is "amazing" and "I would drive this truck" with "good paint" and an undercarriage that "looks good", plus many other fabrications. It backed off the delivery truck with an engine light on and it wouldn't idle. Has a deep chip in the windshield, and the paint is completely shot, sound system doesn't work, even after he "checked the speakers", something is leaking out of the engine area, said he drove it home and back - 60 miles each way - but the mileage on the odometer didn't reflect the miles. All things that you would expect on a $5,000 cruiser. I have it all in writing and am deciding how to go about getting my money back. I'm just really disappointed in the whole experience and that there are people out there that do these kinds of things. But, again, shame on me for believing the story and taking the bait, but wrong is wrong. There are many stories like mine. Check out other 4x4 Rides reviews on google & cars.com, like I should have.
 
Bought sight unseen? Don't feel too bad I got burnt on one few years back from a guy in fl. Pretty much same story as yours. But my lesson only cost me 10k. I asked if it had any issues . when I got it the dash looked like a x mas tree with all the lights. 2 spark plugs jb welded in . Has that jaded me from buying that way? Not really 90% of people are honest. I'd say that % is even higher in the LC community. Good luck Hope the guy runs a honest business and makes this right for you .
 
Bought sight unseen? Don't feel too bad I got burnt on one few years back from a guy in fl. Pretty much same story as yours. But my lesson only cost me 10k. I asked if it had any issues . when I got it the dash looked like a x mas tree with all the lights. 2 spark plugs jb welded in . Has that jaded me from buying that way? Not really 90% of people are honest. I'd say that % is even higher in the LC community. Good luck Hope the guy runs a honest business and makes this right for you .
Update - I got the Maryland District Attorneys office and the Maryland Department of Transportation involved. Still no resolution. I offered to sell the Land Cruiser back to 4 x 4 Rides for $13k, after paying $18k, but no reply. (I haven't titled it). I've been told by multiple series 100 people locally that it is worth @ $4,000. There is something wrong when something so obvious can't be enforced. Taking my medicine big time!
 
Back
Top Bottom