4 Door 40 is coming! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.bowtielawyer.ms
I've been lurking around the Cottonland Cruisers for years, even went to a meeting once.

I've had Jeeps and Land Cruisers over the years. I've had a crush on '79 40, that a friend's family has owned since new, since I knew what one was.

I've had a 2 and 4-dr Wrangler. But, I kept looking at 40s, with a wandering eye. I've had 2 100s and the '06 is my current daily driver.

100 DD

A few years back I heard about White Rhino Fabrication in the Jeep world. Chris Brown @metalshaper did some work on it, moving shock mounts to the top of the axle and a few other things. Once I got my 2nd 100 we reconnected as I wanted a roof rack a la Lab Rack, but wanted it local. We went to lunch and I told him I really wanted a 4-dr 40. He said he could do it...

I drew this with a crayon on the table.

A year or so went by and my cousin found a 2 for 1 deal on 40s in Pennsylvania. I got the rusty one, but rusty in all the right places for this project. (He's in New Albany, btw, doing a frame off restoration on his.)

Pulled her home on MLK day! It snowed on the way to pick up.

I called Chris and off we went.

The day she came home.

The plan was to assess, tear down, determine what is needed and/or can be used for the project. This is NOT a restoration. I want safe, reliable, nostalgic on the outside, relative comfort for the inside.

More to come...I'll post some before pics and during pics. There aren't any after pics yet!

P.S. I can't say enough about Chris and his team at White Rhino. Call them if you need any metal fab work. Bumpers, racks, hot rods, race cars, 4wheeler lifts, or crazy ideas for vehicles that didn't originally exist, but should have.

The beginning

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom