3rd row delete: complete (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the seats out, 2 layers of Killmat 80 mil sound deadening mat put down and a 1x1 square tube attached where the seats were attached to the floor so that when I put the drawers back in they won't be on top of the electrical on the floor and the platform will be level in the truck. I've also got 1/2" plywood ready to go in but before I cut it to length I am waiting for the plastic sill I ordered to come in. I found a rear sill from a Prado on ebay a hell of a lot cheaper than the $150 they want for new T4R rear sills. So, this project is on hold for the moment.........

IMG_0349.JPG

Got the seats out, 2 layers of Killmat 80 mil sound deadening mat put down and a 1x1 square tube attached where the seats were attached to the floor so that when I put the drawers back in they won't be on top of the electrical on the floor and the platform will be level in the truck. I've also got 1/2" plywood ready to go in but before I cut it to length I am waiting for the plastic sill I ordered to come in. I found a rear sill from a Prado on ebay a hell of a lot cheaper than the $150 they want for new T4R rear sills. So, this project is on hold for the moment.........

View attachment 3015693
Nice work! Curious to see how the sound detonating works.

Nice work! Curious to see how the sound detonating works.
Agreed! Post how the sound levels are when you're done compared to stock. Not necessarily hard numbers but just seat-of-you-pants judgement.

Agreed! Post how the sound levels are when you're done compared to stock. Not necessarily hard numbers but just seat-of-you-pants judgement.
Well, that's all it will be since I don't have any fancy equipment. :rofl:

And even if I did, I didn't take any measurements prior to putting in the Killmat. I just figured that the seats helped to deaden a lot of road noise so I wanted something to help. And I wayyyyyy over bought. I got the 36 sf box on Amazon. I put 2 layers on most of what you see and I still have at least half the box left. :eek: I may end up doing the roof if I drop the headliner. Haven't decided if I'm dropping it completely or partially. I ran into a small snag with making my own roof rack rails for the solar panel. Hope to have it corrected this week and then I'll make my decision. I'll post up details when I do.

And even if I did, I didn't take any measurements prior to putting in the Killmat. I just figured that the seats helped to deaden a lot of road noise so I wanted something to help. And I wayyyyyy over bought. I got the 36 sf box on Amazon. I put 2 layers on most of what you see and I still have at least half the box left. :eek: I may end up doing the roof if I drop the headliner. Haven't decided if I'm dropping it completely or partially. I ran into a small snag with making my own roof rack rails for the solar panel. Hope to have it corrected this week and then I'll make my decision. I'll post up details when I do.
I will say that I think my NVH went down with drawers installed vs. the rear seats. In fact, I can't even hear plates and cups rattling. My drawers are wood (see post 58) with a marine-grade fabric overwrap. With them filled, there is a TON of noise deadening. I'd be surprised if you don't see the same - I'm sure your setup will be nice and quiet with the killmat.

Yeah, the only thing I heard when I had the drawers installed on top of the 3rd row was the tools in the drawers sometimes. Mine are the DFG brand (they look like a knock-off of the Dobinson's) that are made for the 470. But I adapted them to the 460 with some 4" wide aluminum strips that I had them mounted to. This new set up will let me mount them through the 1/2" plywood and the 1x1 sq tube much easier in the front and the floor riser in the rear.

Looks good @Bang Bang ! Thanks for sharing. I'm thinking of putting down some sound deadener, but honestly right now just with the factory carpet mat and rubber lexus mat, the noise is not bad. REALLY good idea with that 1x1 tubing to help elevate the drawers above the electrical. I will eventually build some sort of flooring system back there and will probably go that same route to get it up off the ground a bit. Right now I just have my spare back there since it doesnt fit in the stock location.

Threw some d-rings in using the factory seat mount locations. Not exactly high tech stuff here, but should be enough to hold the spare tire down until I find a better solution.
3883819A-7DA2-47CC-911E-8E2C5439EEA4.jpeg
89136BC8-FA52-4D49-B346-E65E8282835B.jpeg

You might not be aware of this but KILMAT is a Russian product. Not trying to bring politics into this but I'm sure we can all agree to not give money to a country to help them commit genocide.

Another option is CANOPUS. It's made in USA and competitively priced.

Amazon product ASIN B09232CCLW

I did the same thing. I'm happy with the noise levels just using a single layer, but that means I only used 1/3 of my box. DM me if anyone is looking to buy some Kilmat.

View attachment 3015693
I'm pretty sure this is a 150 sill plate in sepia from Bell Lexus for $88. Depending on how my drawers look when I get them, I may try that one. I'll add some fasteners or something to get free shipping. 5857460120E0 - lexus Plate, rear floor mat support, rear. Sepia | Bell Lexus North Scottsdale, Scottsdale AZ - https://parts.belllexusnorthscottsdale.com/p/Lexus__/PLATE---REAR-FLOOR-MAT-SUPPORT---REAR-SEPIA/63215858/5857460120E0.html

I'm pretty sure this is a 150 sill plate in sepia from Bell Lexus for $88. Depending on how my drawers look when I get them, I may try that one. I'll add some fasteners or something to get free shipping. 5857460120E0 - lexus Plate, rear floor mat support, rear. Sepia | Bell Lexus North Scottsdale, Scottsdale AZ - https://parts.belllexusnorthscottsdale.com/p/Lexus__/PLATE---REAR-FLOOR-MAT-SUPPORT---REAR-SEPIA/63215858/5857460120E0.html

Well, I don't want to put the drawers back in until I get this sill plate. I don't want to ever have to take the drawers out again unless I'm getting rid of them.........:D

Well, I don't want to put the drawers back in until I get this sill plate. I don't want to ever have to take the drawers out again unless I'm getting rid of them.........:D

Why his this? Are they that difficult to remove/install? From what I can see it looks like a simple procedure.

Why his this? Are they that difficult to remove/install? From what I can see it looks like a simple procedure.
I don’t know about all of them but the ones I have have to be completely dismantled to take them out. 🤦

what is this sill plate you all speak of?

Gonna probably do it this weekend. But first I need to remove the drawers. Then I need to access the shark fin on the roof by gutting the plastics so I can run my solar wires through the roof into the cabin. Then put sound deadener on the floor. Then put everything back together (minus the seats of course). Should take about an hour or so, right?? 😂😂😂
No need to remove the sat radio antenna or headliner. Just route the solar wiring down the hinged side of the rear door, notch the tail light and run the wiring behind the tail light. From there, grommets at the rear seat area allows access into the cabin.

Look here: Builds - 2018 Premium 460 build - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/2018-premium-460-build.1194757/page-16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom