3RD ANNUAL CHICAGO TOYOTA JAMBOREE @ THE CLIFFS CTJ09 July-24/25/26 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Updated 3-10-09

3RD ANNUAL CHICAGO TOYOTA JAMBOREE @ THE CLIFFS CTJ09 July-24/25/26
THE CLIFFS INSANE TERRAIN OFFROAD PARK, MARSEILLES IL.
JULY 24, 25, 26 2009

CAMPING
$7/night reduced form last years $10
At the cliffs up in the park on one of the bluffs over looking the river.
Port-o-pots will be provided.
PRIMITIVE

WHEELING
$30 for the first day. (includes one raffle ticket and all you can eat BBQ on Saturday night.
$10 for any additional days, so will be a cheaper weekend than normal Cliffs rates.
$5 for additional passenger
Friday: Free roam of the park.
Saturday: Drivers meeting at 9am SHARP! Guided trail runs: easy, moderate, and extreme. Free roam.
EASY = stockers welcome.
Moderate = 31” tires. Scratches are a possibility.
Extreme = expect anything! Rolls and massive body damage are possible.
**There will likely be a moderate/extreme group**

NIGHT WHEELING
The truly awesome part of this event is the night runs. The park is completely different at night. The Cliffs is nice enough to allow us to wheel the park at night. The runs MUST be guided by Cliffs approved guides and no alcohol is permitted on the runs, nor are impaired drivers. We hope to have enough rigs to allow for multiple groups of varying difficulty. So get those rock lights installed!

FOOD
Saturday night will be an all you can eat BBQ. The regular stuff.
Saturday Morning will be breakfast at 8am sharp. Don’t know what’s on the menu, but last year was sausage, bacon, eggs, etc… $5.00/person.

MAGAZINE COVERAGE
We are currently working with a couple magazines. More info later.

RAFFLE
More info coming.

Last year was a huge success especially with the new camping site. If you made it out for 2007 and missed 2008, you missed a lot of changes!

Last years event info/feedback/pics/vids

https://forum.ih8mud.com/trails-eve...toyota-jamboree-@-cliffs-july-25-26-27-a.html

I plan to be there as I was the last 2 years. E-mail me a flyer & I'll bring raffle prize(s) again this year. Lookin forward to it

PM me your email. I cant send an attachment through mud.

One of Bills brothers is planning to come out for the night run, I'll be giving him my passenger seat for the night.
There is a chance he can get off work all day Sat & Sun and maybe camp also, if that happens perhaps someone has an empty seat and would be willing to take him as a passenger.

Mrs. X

Just to let you know, this year there will be a couple night run groups. And Bill could take out his own rig in the lighter group (trail 1/10/3....) But if he wants to come with us, the seats will be there....hopefully....they did seem to fill fast last year :D

Yeah actually thought he would ride with Bill on the night run, but since we're always only a 2 seater we're hoping a seat may be available for him during the day if he makes it. I'm guessing He'll prob get addicted too and set out to buy his own rig.

the Mrs

Yeah actually thought he would ride with Bill on the night run, but since we're always only a 2 seater we're hoping a seat may be available for him during the day if he makes it. I'm guessing He'll prob get addicted too and set out to buy his own rig.

the Mrs

Gotcha. There are always plenty of day seats. # of night seats depends on how many rigs want to night wheel. It shouldnt be a problem, its first call, first get. And I do beleive this is the first call....actually come to think of it, I do have a few people that have already called my seats :lol: But there will be many seats.

I'll have to get some rock lights installed so I can pass inspection.:flipoff2:
This would be a great way to break my bro in he is pretty much all or nothing anyway.

Hey Bill

Can't you strap down a few lawn chairs to the back of the flat bed. That would be a fun experience. I call dibs on a seat but someone will have to hold me sign though. I wouldnt want to lose it.

That's a interesting concept. I'd bet we could sell seats to watch that.:popcorn:

Hey Bill

Can't you strap down a few lawn chairs to the back of the flat bed. That would be a fun experience. I call dibs on a seat but someone will have to hold me sign though. I wouldnt want to lose it.

That's a interesting concept. I'd bet we could sell seats to watch that.:popcorn:

VETO :ban:

Really, no need to strap seats on.....Just surf on the bed.....Or maybe we could put a saddle on a saw horse & make it like a bull ride...1st one to 8 seconds wins.

Any John Prine fans out there? I think "Safety Joe" was written after John....."Safety John"!!!

Little Update

So far things are going well, and turn out looks to be very good! Gas prices hurt turn out last year (35 rigs vs 65 rigs in 2007).

NWITaco is working to get a t-shirt designed and printed (screen print I believe). If you are interested PLEASE post up. I need to see if this will be worth while. Right now im thinking 10-15$/shirt.

Count me in for a shirt...Event swag , ROCKS!

Little update.

Im not sure but it looks like there wont be much of a raffle. Since there are really no sponsers, there are no really big prizes. If there ends up being a swag type raffle with things like t-shirts, mugs, stickers, etc....from the cliffs or anyone else that comes then Ill throw in a few CTJ shirts (provided I can get some made, the guy that was working on it fell through). But right now I have no idea what to expect.

Other than that. Should be a great weekend!!

Shirts or no shirts, raffle or no raffle....I'm gonna be there

Now I just gotta get my fawkin junk going.

I'm excited about already. Less than 5 weeks away!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom