3FE No Start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I replaced one of my cats a couple of weeks ago and went to start the rig no luck and no CEL. I went through normal things EFI relay and fuse swapped out the fusible link for good measure still no luck. Thought I would just try and move around the wiring harness and low and behold jiggled it got a CEL. I found some corrosion and a few busted injector plugs repaired the breaks in the wire and swapped out all injector plugs have continuity. I had my CEL back. I turned the key and nothing then CEL disappeared. If I take out the EFI fuse and reset the CEL comes back but then nothing after i turn the key the CEL goes away again until I reset the ecu. What recommendations does everyone have? Maybe another weak point in my main engine harness?

Unplug the AFM and see if the CEL remains lit with the key in the ON position.

Verify that the ECU is triggering the EFI relay logic and if it is dropping out.

If the logic from the ecu is good, then suspect efi relay related wiring.

If logic from the ecu is faulty, start unplugging sensors 1 at a time to isolate. Start with the ISC valve and TPS.

Unplug the AFM and see if the CEL remains lit with the key in the ON position.

Verify that the ECU is triggering the EFI relay logic and if it is dropping out.

If the logic from the ecu is good, then suspect efi relay related wiring.

If logic from the ecu is faulty, start unplugging sensors 1 at a time to isolate. Start with the ISC valve and TPS.

Thank you for the guidance it won't be until the weekend I get to it but this helps me a ton! I will update the thread once I have some more data.

So I found some more corrosion further down in the wiring harness after pulling sensors and ohming the tps wasn't able to identify a figure until I started moving the harness and had the neighbor watch the CEL I'll pull the whole harness and tear it apart to show the Carnage lots of corrosion going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom