Builds 3F to 1HZ Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
91' Gxl 80 Series
Bought cheaply in a sorry state late 2012

It currently has.
- 2 inch lift
- 33's
- Tjm rearbar
- Terrible paint
- Sliders

Some interesting stuff that you US guys didnt get.
- The 3f is carby, not efi, Even so it gave better fuel economy and had more power than the 3fe /automatic combo.
- Manual
- Full floating rear with discs
- Subtank
- Quad headlights

Bought this a few weeks ago and I am currently in the process of fitting it.

- 1HZ
- Garret 2876r on highmount manifold
- 3 inch SS exhaust
- Wiring, Fuel and miscellaneous thingys for conversion

Goodbye 3F

Mounts off

New mounts on and engine in.

Last edited:
Good stuff, looks like a lot of work but I'm sure it will be well worth it in the end. Sub'd

Motor had to come back out. While the manual 1hz and 3f both run the h150f gearbox, the 3f version runs a 10 spline input shaft and the 1hz a 21 spline. Ended up buying 2 clutch kits and mixing the parts. Unfortunately I didn't realize the throw out bearings are different lengths. The clutch fork was hitting the bellhousing before the throw out was making contact with the pressure plate.
Swapped them over and now its working.

This weekend I hope to get the fuel, clutch and brake lines plumed up.

10357198_695791703807820_9101607500109281486_n.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome man, I wish you were stateside so I could pay you to do one for me :) GLWB, sub'd!

Looking good. What gauge pod are you using? It looks like a better figment than the one I'm using that was meant for an Acura.

Motor had to come back out. While the manual 1hz and 3f both run the h150f gearbox, the 3f version runs a 10 spline input shaft and the 1hz a 21 spline. Ended up buying 2 clutch kits and mixing the parts. Unfortunately I didn't realize the throw out bearings are different lengths. The clutch fork was hitting the bellhousing before the throw out was making contact with the pressure plate.
Swapped them over and now its working.

This weekend I hope to get the fuel, clutch and brake lines plumed up.

10357198_695791703807820_9101607500109281486_n.jpg
I know it’s a few years ago now, but do you remember which throughout bearing you used?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom