3F Ignition Resistorless Coil Connection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, after for 14 years I’ve come back to Land Cruisers. The trucks have been sitting in the garage and finally it’s time to move them as we are moving from CA to UT.

So I am trying to bring this FJ 75 with 3F engine back to life. I believe the ignition coil is dead since the secondary circuit has a very high resistance.

The vehicle is slated for a 1HDT conversion, so I don’t want to spend too much reviving the 3F. So I went to buy a generic 12V coil from Amazon. The problem is, the new coil does not require a resistor, whereas the original one has a resistor.

My question is, how do I connect the resistorless ignition coil? Do I just connect it as if requires an external resistor like the original? Or do I connect the wire that is supposed to go to the resistor directly to the (+) terminal?

IMG_3551.jpeg

Hey guys, after for 14 years I’ve come back to Land Cruisers. The trucks have been sitting in the garage and finally it’s time to move them as we are moving from CA to UT.

So I am trying to bring this FJ 75 with 3F engine back to life. I believe the ignition coil is dead since the secondary circuit has a very high resistance.

The vehicle is slated for a 1HDT conversion, so I don’t want to spend too much reviving the 3F. So I went to buy a generic 12V coil from Amazon. The problem is, the new coil does not require a resistor, whereas the original one has a resistor.

My question is, how do I connect the resistorless ignition coil? Do I just connect it as if requires an external resistor like the original? Or do I connect the wire that is supposed to go to the resistor directly to the (+) terminal?

View attachment 3319882
I don't have an answer... curious if you sorted it out...

CLICK ON The volume Speaker ICON .

my tech video explains well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom