33” AT all seas tire suggestion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Falken at3w. Lots of threads in search

I really like the Falken Wildpeak At3W. They've been wearing just as well as my K02's and seems to do a little better in the mud, but my wife's FJC also has ATRAC and my 99 LX doesn't so it could also be that.

I have the Les Schwab ( local tire place) version of the Falken Wildpeak AT3W (same factory makes it), been really enjoying them.

Boring choice as it seems everyone has them, but I've liked my KO2s. They definitely aren't the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. There's not much road noise change from the OEM tires. The reviews I read also suggested the KO2 did better in the snow then many AT tires, some of which seem to really struggle in snow (especially as you get into more extreme mud tires).

Consumer Reports just rated the Continental TerrainContact A/T as their highest rated A/T tire. The Falken Wildpeak A/T3 came in 11th place. No mention of what size you can fit without a lift.

BFG K02 - on my 2nd set. Love them. Zero road noise. Not bad in snow, but not as good as dedicated snow tire like Blizzaks.

I got the AT3W's for two reasons and have been very happy with them over the past 20k miles:

95% of my driving is on the street so I wanted a P-rated 33"ish (265/70) for comfort, which is somewhat rare but offered in this tire.
I spend half my time in VT and the P-rated Falken is 3 peak snow certified. Not as good as the dedicated snows on my Subaru, but definitely sufficient.

Noise is higher than the full street tire my truck came with, but definitely not bad for an AT

Not sure how the Conti is #1 with that tread pattern. Maybe the highway portion of the test was weighted higher than the dirt? It looks like a street tire... or a Range Rover tire.

maxresdefault.jpeg

I'm biased (see what I did there) since I've had six or seven sets of BFG KO/KMs over the past few years.

I’m getting Falken at3w in 285/65/18 installed today. I wanted to stay at 33” max height and this size came in just under that. First time with this brand. Going just by reading & watching online reviews. Hoping these work out well for the $$$$ they cost.

I mentioned at3ws because for all good reviews they used to be about 100$ a set cheaper than all the others out there. I think Ko2 are a great value. I have ko2’s it’s all I’ve had on my sequoia and 4runner’s prior to my cruiser

Last edited:
A final update. Old tires: Dunlop Grand trek At 23 285/60 r18 31". New tires: Sumitomo Encounter AT 275/65 r18 32".

Changing from 287 to 275 seems to make good difference on turning. Ressler resistance when turning the wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom