31's on stock 2000 4runner? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Depends on what you mean by quick and painless :) You could do the spacers. I have seen them rather cheap. (used) or do a BL (body lift).

I would go with the spacers. Which are fine as long as you stay in the range your are talking 1.5-2" I think the 2.5-3" is where people have some issues.

A BL might look funny with the ARB and also is frowned upon by alot of people.

Either one are not easy but not too too hard (Although I havent done either of them) I would say BL would bea easier b/c you dont have to do the spring compressor etc.

Have you ever looked on yatatech? they have a good bit of info for 3rd gen Runners, or did when I was looking at doing stuff to the wifes.

One other thing I forgot about with the tires. Each brand, etc has different heights for thier tires. a 31 in BFG might be 30.5" and a 31 in a TSL might be 31.2" Might be the diff in brands?? Just thought about that.

any more ?'s please feel free to ask I will try to help if I can.

I dunno about the 2000's but I have a 1994 and the back end was sagging, so I bought Eibach rear coil over springs that were an inch and a half over stock (a mini lift and easy fix for the common back end sag for my year runner) and it was cheap. I run 32's on my runner now with absolutely no rub.

This is what mine looks like.
100_0464.JPG

as promised..........pics of the ARB.....
arb1.jpg
arb2.jpg
arb3.jpg

94-4, totally different set-ups. And trucks. Decent looking rig though

Big,
You changed rims as well? I can almost bet you thats why it rubs. I am running stock rims with no issues.
Nice ARB. I did consider them, but wanted something diff so went with the TJM, I will see if I have some pics on my cpu at home.

89s rule said:
Big,
You changed rims as well? I can almost bet you thats why it rubs. I am running stock rims with no issues.
Nice ARB. I did consider them, but wanted something diff so went with the TJM, I will see if I have some pics on my cpu at home.

Cool on the pics! Always love to see other people's rigs. Interesting thought on the rims.....that didn't cross my mind. The ones that rub are 15X8's and the stockers must be 15X7's (I think), and the backspacing must be different, because her tires stick out quite a bit, to the point she needs fender flares. I'll check. Thanks for the thought.

i cant find pics but need to take some. i will do my best to get some when it stops raining. Hopefully sometime this week!! urghh!

31x10.5's will fit on stock rims for future reference.

Thanks, and I'll get some pics of where they rub........I only glance and didn't see any, but does the 2000 have torsion bars I could crank up a little bit? Anyone know?

I have 275/70/16's on mine, which are like a 32x10.50 on 16x7 stock wheels. No rubbing at all. The 96-newer 4 runners have a strut style suspension like tacomas. You can get spacer style lifts, but I would consider different springs if you want to lift it. Bilstein shocks on mine made a huge difference, but it needs a stiffer spring to get rid of some of the body roll. It's my wife's rig so i'm thinking about the mild 1 inch springs performance products springs. If it were mine, old man emu and a arb bumper would be in the works.

bigndn said:
Thanks, and I'll get some pics of where they rub........I only glance and didn't see any, but does the 2000 have torsion bars I could crank up a little bit? Anyone know?

They do not. Have torsion bars you can crank up. I say do one of the other lifts I mentioned if you want to lift it.

i have seen one on yotatech near me for $150 rear OME and front spacers or $75 for each set. This does not include shocks.

I know this is an old thread, and I also noticed that those were not stock 4runner rims, with probably a different back spacing, so the question is, what did you do about the rub? And would 31x10.5's fit a stock '96...on stock 15" 4runner rims, and no lift?

I know this is an old thread, and I also noticed that those were not stock 4runner rims, with probably a different back spacing, so the question is, what did you do about the rub? And would 31x10.5's fit a stock '96...on stock 15" 4runner rims, and no lift?

Mine fit stock with the Enkei swirl looking factory 15's. That was on a stock truck, I later added a TJM t15 front bumper with no ill effects. This was on a 75K mile '97 4runner with no sag. I later ran even larger tires and rims off of a '07 4runner with barely any rubbing.

Mine fit stock with the Enkei swirl looking factory 15's. That was on a stock truck, I later added a TJM t15 front bumper with no ill effects. This was on a 75K mile '97 4runner with no sag. I later ran even larger tires and rims off of a '07 4runner with barely any rubbing.

Do you know if those Enkei 15s had the same back spacing as the stock 3-spoke 15" 4runner alum rims?

I do not know for sure. But they should be close if not exact. I still have the rims but they are burried in stuff behind my shed.

You should not have a problem.

I have 31x10.5x15 on my 3rd gen 4runner no issues or problems and it has been this way for 4 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom