3 Speed on the column..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What prevents the shifter from moving/rotating around the column just behind the steering wheel. Is there a bracket/clamp that is supposed to be there or is there a set screw/bolt underneath the cover. Every time I shift mine rotates an inch or so. I looked on Mud/ google image searched and looked at SOR diagrams, but I have found nothing.

If I remember correct in modifying mine, there are two brass tabs that bolts hold in place in the back. The brass tabs get weak or bent and will give out at some point. You can try to tighten the two bolts, they are in the back of the black plastic housing. ( up inside the housing )

I hope what I just said is right. 🤷‍♂️

If I remember correct in modifying mine, there are two brass tabs that bolts hold in place in the back. The brass tabs get weak or bent and will give out at some point. You can try to tighten the two bolts, they are in the back of the black plastic housing. ( up inside the housing )

I hope what I just said is right. 🤷‍♂️
Thanks. I will give it a look. That is like an advanced game of hide and seek.

Yeah, it's a poor design and when I went to a floor shift, but still wanted to keep the column and steering wheel I had to come up with a different way to hold everything in place. I used a collar around the column with some tabs in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom