3.0 PVC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.outerlimitsupply.com
Can someone send me a picture or describe to me where the PVC valve is on a '93 4-runner 3.0? I've looked all over and through the manual but cannot locate it. Pretty damn sure it's right in front of me.

Thank you,
Travis

It's under the upper intake on the pass side... Just about impossible to change without pulling the intake... However, once you find the hose to it, you can apply some vacuum and see if it's working or not before you pull everything apart... There is a hose coming off the pass side of the intake that takes a sharp turn and goes under the intake, that's the one you want to follow. Good luck! :cheers:

They don't go bad very often... What makes you think you need to change it?

Yes PCV- fingures hit the wrong order of keys. I don't think that it's bad but the engine has 100k on it since being rebuilt. I just thought that I'd check it. The check engine light has been on for a very long time. It's been a while since I checked the codes but I'm pretty sure that one of the codes said something about the PCV valve. However, I did have a question about the awful smell that it puts off while idling. It smells like it is running extremely rich and when we come to a stop all windows go up! To be honest, I've never done anything to this rig other then change the oil every 5k, air filter every 10k, and air the tires. It's been a great vehicle but she's starting to idle rough and gas milage is dropping off from 12mpg to 9-10. I should mention that it has an automatic transmission and we drive between 6,000' and 9,000'. Any tips on getting better milage and getting her back in shape? Thanks in advance for the past and future help.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom