2nd Gen 5.7 Flashing Engine Light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2008 Sequoia with a recent issue. I was running around in errands stopped at a Starbucks drive through. It's about 82 today and I was sitting in the hot sun idling for about 15 mins. The truck started to idle funny and the engine light was flashing so I pulled over to the side and shut off engine. The AC and stereo were on at the time, all gauges were normal before the issue happened. Side note last night my wife went to the vet, she sat there for a few hours and went she went to leave the truck would not start. I figured she had the radio on all that time and drained the battery. Is this a battery/alternator issue? Anyone experience anything similar with the 5.7?

Last edited:
Update on the troubleshooting for this issue. My brother has a fancy diagnostic computer and we pulled a few codes.

B1610- Door Side Airbag Sensor
B1794-Open In Occupant Classification ECU Battery Positive Line
B1421 - Solar Sensor Circuit Passenger Side

We cleared the codes and the B1421 came back.

B1421 Toyota Description
The solar sensor, which is installed on the upper side of the instrument panel, detects sunlight and controls the air conditioning AUTO mode. The output voltage from the solar sensor varies in accordance with the amount of sunlight. When the sunlight increases, the output voltage increases. As the sunlight decreases, the output voltage decreases. The Air Conditioning Amplifier detects changes in the output voltage from the solar sensor.

I will replace the solar sensor and see if this fixes the issue. As I said I was sitting in full sun and the AC system was on auto mode. When I shut the engine off and turned it back on Auto mode was off and the truck ran fine.

Typically a flashing check engine light is a misfire. Light should only "flash" or blink during major cylinder misfires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom