2m radio mounted overhead in FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here are a few pics of my 80 series with a yaesu 7800 mounted overhead with a ram mount
IMG_0862_1.jpg
IMG_0866_1.jpg

Looks great! And room for more...

Getting cruiser parts at the building supply is second only to scrounging them from a junk pile. ;)

I suppose you could wrap the strap with some appropriate looking material to create a finished look.

Has anyone mounted (or what are pros and cons of) a CB in the dash in place of the radio, ashtray or the slot in between?

Ducks - Is that strap attached to anything (like ribs etc.) between the dome light and rv-mirror?

Ducks - Is that strap attached to anything (like ribs etc.) between the dome light and rv-mirror?

No, the 14 gauge strap just barely bends and holds itself against the roof even if it weren't attached at the dome light. I guess the roof consoles only use the dome light and mirror mount points. It seems very stable. If I hang more stuff off of the strap, I might try to tie it in somehow. I looked briefly at doing it but it doesn't appear necessary at this point.

I guess one other comment is that this works for me because I have a Corbeau seat that I sit pretty high in. In a stock seat, you would probably sit too low to easily read the screen. In that case, you would probably want to do what pismojim did to bend it down so you can see the screen. I would guess you would want to use 16 gauge strap for that because I don't think you can bend the 14 gauge any more than it is in my picture.

Where did the pics go? I wanna see this setup on that 60!

Last edited:
Where did the pics go? I wanna see this setup on that 60!

The thread is three years old; the OP probably deleted the photos from his on-line photo hosting service or changed accounts.

I have overhead ham radios in that location in both of my 4WD trucks, but neither is a 60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom