2H water temp sensor (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

landcrusher909

Athlete/Race truck driver/Hobbyist
Threads
Hello I am looking for a part number or something aftermarket to replace the water temp sensor in my 2H Thanks

Hello I am looking for a part number or something aftermarket to replace the water temp sensor in my 2H Thanks

if you PM me your MODLE ID code and modle year ill have one in your hands

it is not as simple a a 2H im afraid

Last edited:
There are 2 sensors.
One on the thermostat housing.
One on the engine block.
So ? Which one are your looking for??

Last edited:
firing this back up :) replacing my water temp sensor as it is intermittently working. some times shows way high some times shows nothing when its definitely hot. I was about to just grab one form lordco or order one but stumbled onto this thread. Its a real simple part so I didnt think much of it. but in this thread @ToyotaMatt seems pretty concerned with the vehicle info before supplying one. but when I google the sender it looks like the same sender just works for a bunch of different cruisers. also didnt realize there were two senders on the 2h? I was only aware of the one at the front of the engine. so that alls said. I have a 82 hj47, is this not good for me? Temp Gauge Sender for Landcruiser HJ47 HJ60 HJ75 2H 4.0L Diesel Engine 1980~90 | eBay - https://www.ebay.ca/itm/132079105837 is there any special things to consider when replacing?

also, while on the topic, I have a mechanical Omori gauge and sensor. the prob is long and so I wanted to know if there is a spot in the system I can install easily?

thanks!

also didnt realize there were two senders on the 2h? I was only aware of the one at the front of the engine. so that alls said. I have a 82 hj47, is this not good for me? Temp Gauge Sender for Landcruiser HJ47 HJ60 HJ75 2H 4.0L Diesel Engine 1980~90 | eBay - https://www.ebay.ca/itm/132079105837 is there any special things to consider when replacing?

also, while on the topic, I have a mechanical Omori gauge and sensor. the prob is long and so I wanted to know if there is a spot in the system I can install easily?

thanks!

The second sensor at the front of the head is for the Glow Plug "Superglow" system. Superglow was only fitted to late HJ47s. If your glow system involves turning the ignition key backwards you have no need for the second sensor referenced as your vehicle does not have Superglow. You may also have a manual glow switch installed ("Wilson Switch") in which case, again, the second sensor wont be required.

With regards to fitting an aftermarket mechanical gauge.. you could consider cutting the top radiator hose and fitting an adaptor - such adaptors are readily available. Personally, my go-to second gauge is an Engine Watchdog which uses a thermocouple bolted under a thermostat housing bolt.

firing this back up :) replacing my water temp sensor as it is intermittently working. some times shows way high some times shows nothing when its definitely hot. I was about to just grab one form lordco or order one but stumbled onto this thread. Its a real simple part so I didnt think much of it. but in this thread @ToyotaMatt seems pretty concerned with the vehicle info before supplying one. but when I google the sender it looks like the same sender just works for a bunch of different cruisers. also didnt realize there were two senders on the 2h? I was only aware of the one at the front of the engine. so that alls said. I have a 82 hj47, is this not good for me? Temp Gauge Sender for Landcruiser HJ47 HJ60 HJ75 2H 4.0L Diesel Engine 1980~90 | eBay - https://www.ebay.ca/itm/132079105837 is there any special things to consider when replacing?

thanks!

i offer both sensor repair kits , they come with the harness side connector housing , seals and extra terminals ...

@duncanrm my ignition is all modded by the PO. the key does nothing but act as a switch for for all the power in the car. without the key turned literally nothing electric works. nothing. the fuel solenoid thing has its own switch. then a manual glow button. and a push button start. lol. so hahaha. it sounds like I dont need the second sensor.

I believe the actual temp sensor, near your thermostat, is a very common toyota part , not only used for lc's but corallas etc. other japanese cars too. If you get the part number by looking on an epc then punch that into google you shall come up with quite a selection of the same sensor some cheap some expensive but generally the same thing.

I am with Ducan on engine guard watch dog, they are ace, hands down.

I believe the actual temp sensor, near your thermostat, is a very common toyota part , not only used for lc's but corallas etc. other japanese cars too. If you get the part number by looking on an epc then punch that into google you shall come up with quite a selection of the same sensor some cheap some expensive but generally the same thing.

I am with Ducan on engine guard watch dog, they are ace, hands down.
Thanks, that was what i gathered at the start but got alarmed when one of the previous people in the thread started talkiing like it was super specialized. but I think they were talking about the second sensor. watch dog looks nice, but i can remember to keep my eye on it. and Id love to have the third ommori gauge in the cluster with the other two :) oil and boost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom