2h to 12ht (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, got myself a full hj61 and thinking of converting my 85 2h 75 to 12ht from 2h.

I'll be putting plenty of photos up of the engine rebuild and conversion in the coming months.

A few questions I have for anyone who has done this conversion

AC. any difficulties in installing ac into the 75

Glow system
How have people done this

Any other little issues you have come across along the way

uploadfromtaptalk1445301430308.png

Sent from my E2053

Shouldn't be too hard mate. Use your 2h mounts on the 12ht block. Does your current 75 have a/c. If not, all dash parts and condenser are 70 series specific but the compressor will work. Is the 61 auto?

I have not done this conversion, but I'll bet someone on here has. Hope they chime in soon.

Way to go Dylan whats your planes for the old girl after the engine install crawling or hwy work.

Locked79... No air con atm so will have to pipe it if I go that way just looking to find out what will/won't fit from the 61 and what other bits I'll need for ac

OZcrusier
I has been an on/off daily since I bought it and more of a daily lately so probably more highway and work use than real crawling

(have a 1990 1hdt locked Sahara to build for the rough stuff once this one's done)

Sent from my E2053

@watrob pulled this off pretty well in his 40 series, check out his thread!

Glow screen is not needed my 12ht would start as soon as you hit the key no matter how cold it got even in snow.
Air con no problem if your ute doesn't have one you could find the parts from the wreckers for the interior and that and swap over a couple from the 60 I had a 87 75 series with a 12ht

Very clean looking container and workbench. ac compressor will not be a problem if already on 12HT, evaporator from 61 is 650mm long and you may need to make brackets, you need 40mm clearance in front of radiator and front support PANEL for it to fit, not sure where your ac unit is located in cabin but may be able to use 61 hoses, if not wreckers will have them, tape em up when disconnected so no moisture, buy a new ac dryer for install, cheap as chips. just in the process of 61 ac parts install into 45s under dash.
As mentioned 12HT will bolt straight in and no glow plugs.

cheers
HJ45

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom