2h head swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys

So I need information on whether a 2H head from a sleeveless engine can go onto a sleeved 2H engine. Has anyone done it ?
The engine does have a turbo if that makes any difference..cheers peoples

If you don't get a reply in a reasonable time, try posting in the diesel and 24volt section a little further down the main page. More of the folks you need hang out there.

If you don't get a reply in a reasonable time, try posting in the diesel and 24volt section a little further down the main page. More of the folks you need hang out there.
Ah cheers for that

I have not done this but will share what I do know. Have several 2Hs and rebuilt some. The sleeves on lined models protrude out slightly from the block. No such thing on post ‘84 non sleeved engines. I think the head gasket is different between sleeved and non-sleeved engines to accommodate for this. You might want to compare pre and post ‘84 part numbers to see what else is different.

Last edited:
I have not done this but will share what I do know. Have several 2Hs and rebuilt some. The sleeves on lined models protrude out slightly from the block. No such thing on post ‘84 non sleeved engines. I think the head gasket is different between sleeved and non-sleeved engines to accommodate for this. You might want to compare pre and post ‘84 part numbers to see what else is different.
Ah wow I didn't know that. Thanks heaps for that info mate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom