2F Head (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Butchk

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm having my 2F rebuilt. My machanic builds race engines full time. I read and passed on all the info I've read on Mud. Things like cam size as MC830 Valves Pistons. And after he inspected and ran numbers he fully agreed with everything Jim & Mark and several others have mentioned. Now one thing he is really taking
searous is the HEAD. He thinks he may be able to get better flow after looking at it, he does have a flow table and will be taking a base line this week. What he would like is a junk head and cut into and just see what he can do internaly.
He's done this before on other heads and found he could make great improvement on flow. He told me there's no gaurantee but he's really getting into this engine. He's a very close friend of mine so my cost for him to do this is minimul. Would anyone have a cracked or damaged head that we could cut into?
Thanks,
Butchk

May want to post in the wanted section...(looking for not so good head).

Head

I have a cracked 1F head you can have if you want to pay shipping from 78613 Weight approx 80lbs.

The problem with all that flow improvement, is that it works at high RPM, like in a race motor. The average 2F spends it's life maxing at 3000 rpm, so don't spend a ton of cash on this. You'll notice a big difference just with a rehabbed head and valves that seal. I doubt the porting job will net you anything you can feel.

The problem with all that flow improvement, is that it works at high RPM, like in a race motor. The average 2F spends it's life maxing at 3000 rpm, so don't spend a ton of cash on this. You'll notice a big difference just with a rehabbed head and valves that seal. I doubt the porting job will net you anything you can feel.

Thanks for the info. I'll talk to him and ask about that in a way he doesn't think I'm telling him. He's a good friend and hje's into this rebuild and wanting to make as much improvment as possible. He did mention in the past this wasn't a high RPM engine and i would spend most of my time at lower RPM'S. Now I wonder what he might be thinking.

I've got a cracked 83' 2F head in Kilgore, TX 75662. Its gana cost a grip to ship...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom