270,000 mile update! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Maybe this will help someone else out there or at least make you smile!

As I have educated my wife, and now 3 adult kids, that all vehicles are machines, and all machines need periodic maintenance and repairs. Which come with an expense from time to time. Plan for it.

I recently rolled 270,000 miles on my 2000, 100 series. I am the original owner and have been diligent on all of the services. It's also pretty well built for fun. My wife has had no fewer than 5 new cars in this time. Every time she argues about my "maintenance" costs...I ask her to compare the total ownership of my Land Cruiser to the expense we have shared with hers. The conversation seems to end there. :)

After my third 90K service, I learned that I had a broken tooth on my front diff ring gear. Not good...but not a surprise to be honest. Thanks to new "guts" from NitroGear, we have a rebuilt front diff and are back on the road in a very solid state!

Between all of the "'Love" and "money" I just incurred on " Black Mamba" (aka, my LC) ..I have no doubt she'll have many more miles, years, fun, and adventures ahead.

I have the utmost confidence in my rig, knowing the maintenance, and reputation the Toyota Land Cruiser has proven. As the years go on for all of us, I now want to see who is going to out-last who!

I JOKINGLY mentioned that I will be buried in my LC...either it will die...or I will.. and the end will be over for both of us! May we all Keep on Rollin' for a LONG time to come! I hope to see you all down the road...or better yet...on the trail!

All the best, to all of you...and thank you to the countless contributors whom have made this forum a valuable source of knowledge and time-saving tips over the years!

B-RAD

Good going bud.. you might as well put some pics up to show it off.

270,000 is not really a milestone, it’s the norm. Report back at 500K :) share some pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom