24v HJ60 fusible link upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Sep 14, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
3
Location
Louisville, KY
I've searched the forums and haven't been able to find what I'm looking for, so hopefully someone here can help.

I've got a bad fusible link on my 86 Canadian HJ60, so I'd like to upgrade my blown fusible link to get my rig back up

Anyone have a step by step and/or parts list for the project? Explain it to me like a 5 year old.

And no I don't want to buy the plug and play option if I can avoid it

Thanks!
 
I have replaced my fusible links with Midi Fuses... some people seem to think I'm inviting a vehicle fire, but I am unconvinced that the blow characteristics of these fuses is so different from fusible wire that its going to cause a problem.

1791593367639.webp
 
Midi fuses are a good replacement for fusible links. DId the same 8+ years ago in my diesel patrol in oz. They are designed to handle surges without blowing but a sustained excessive current will blow them. The fusing time decreases as the over-current increases. A lot of good information is at Littelfuses Midi technical page. They have curves showing fusing time versus current.


cheers,
george.
 
I've searched the forums and haven't been able to find what I'm looking for, so hopefully someone here can help.

I've got a bad fusible link on my 86 Canadian HJ60, so I'd like to upgrade my blown fusible link to get my rig back up

Anyone have a step by step and/or parts list for the project? Explain it to me like a 5 year old.

And no I don't want to buy the plug and play option if I can avoid it

Thanks!
I'm sorry, I'm really confused. That's normal, me being confused, but why would you not want to use the plug and play option if available? If you need someone to explain it to you like you are a 5 yo then that means you really don't have the electrical skills to go outside of a plug and play option. Sure, use a midi fuse and the wiring changes that involves, or use the correct fusible link, or use an inexpensive fusible link from a more modern toyota diesel which may mean you need to swap out connectors, but still easy and cleaner compared to using midi fuses. Let us know how it goes.
 
This seems hard to beat, if it works for your HJ, which it should. You would need to know the current at which these blow compared to what the HJ draws, but this should protect your 24volt wiring. Fusible link wiring is color coded to what current it supports.
FJ62

FJ60

Even has instructional video
 
Back
Top Bottom