TLCA 2022 Rubithon Wagon Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know we have a TRD Tacoma on 35s. And a FJc on 35s coming. Plus a FJc on 42s i believe

For those of you new to the HAM, it is a great resource for safety, trails coms, and emergency use. There is a lot of users on the trail and it helps make you feel calm knowing you can communicate. Check with your run leaders for channels to monitor, Why ? Because there are freq's for Commitee use, individual group chat, and official use. By having these programmed into your radio you have rapid access to your run/group for trail coms and you can listen to the official channels to get info. on other runs, for emergency use, etc. The group channels are useful for general trail coms like " Hey, back up & go left " etc.. and in camp it is much easier to track the kids as there are HAM users spread from Buck all the way to DD and beyond. Not that any parent should rely on HAM coms to keep track of kids but it is nice to be able to reach someone at springs or at swiming hole and check on things.

For those of you new to the HAM, it is a great resource for safety, trails coms, and emergency use. There is a lot of users on the trail and it helps make you feel calm knowing you can communicate. Check with your run leaders for channels to monitor, Why ? Because there are freq's for Commitee use, individual group chat, and official use. By having these programmed into your radio you have rapid access to your run/group for trail coms and you can listen to the official channels to get info. on other runs, for emergency use, etc. The group channels are useful for general trail coms like " Hey, back up & go left " etc.. and in camp it is much easier to track the kids as there are HAM users spread from Buck all the way to DD and beyond. Not that any parent should rely on HAM coms to keep track of kids but it is nice to be able to reach someone at springs or at swiming hole and check on things.
Would something like this work? Or should stick with a handheld?

Amazon product ASIN B06XCDWT6V

Last edited:
I see no reason why that would not work . I myself like the handhelds because i have multiple vehicles and i can use when i am spotting .

i 2nd the hand held, take with so if something happens you can reach out. Get 2, 1 for camp and 1 for walk around/kids. They have a feature where you can switch A/B channel, I have A on the Rubi channel for commitee coms and to monitor trail talk, the B is set to our clubs chat which is what we use while working the trail and in camp for coms

I'll be there in my 80 on 35's, Detroits front and rear.

I received a email today and ,We have reached capacity for our run :clap:. 122 days to go. Hope you guys are starting to get ready

FYI - The Wednesday Wagon run is full and closed. Thank you to everyone that signed up
Thank You Sir. looking forward to another great run with some great New People

My Cruiser is mostly ready. Finally decided to actually make the parking brakes work even. Did the PHH as a preventative.while I was at it. Looking forward to this!

Just checking to see how everyone is doing ? very quite this year on Rubithon chatter

I’m thrashing on final prep. Really looking forward to this. Where can I find a full schedule of the event? Other than the Wagon Run, I’m not sure what else I can participate in. I’m trying to figure out when to visit my son in Santa Cruz (and leave my truck) before I fly back to Atlanta.

Just spent the weekend going over my Cruiser. New front wheel bearings and heavy duty hub studs. Put the Aisin hubs on and dropped the AVMs that came off in the spares box to come with me. Also got my Hi-Lift mount welded on the rear swingout. I have to get it smogged this week (fingers crossed here) and then it's done and ready. I'll be in South Lake Tahoe Tuesday late morning to get some of the last bit of food and do a final once over. My wife and kids are almost as anxious as I am to get out there.

Just spent the weekend going over my Cruiser. New front wheel bearings and heavy duty hub studs. Put the Aisin hubs on and dropped the AVMs that came off in the spares box to come with me. Also got my Hi-Lift mount welded on the rear swingout. I have to get it smogged this week (fingers crossed here) and then it's done and ready. I'll be in South Lake Tahoe Tuesday late morning to get some of the last bit of food and do a final once over. My wife and kids are almost as anxious as I am to get out there.
I will be up there all week. In fact will be down the 10th to run Fordyce for Sierra Trek then hang out for a week then Rubithon

Final checks done, upgraded solar installed, fluid checks, bolt checks, d-line checks, pinion checks, brake check, light check, pitman arm check, steering check, ready to start packing, rig is ready, driver is getting there.

Really takes you old guys a long time to get your junk ready!!

😂😂🤘🤘

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom