2021 San Juan Trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@LandLocked93

it’s a bunch of loops. Longest trial is 4 one way maybe to get to a town.

you can spend 8 hours a day out there for sure, but you will hit a gas stop/town/food

1309ED07-F4F3-4690-AE61-F62FC695F3B6.jpeg

8CEA9ECA-FB3C-468F-8F27-4DD2B1508BFA.jpeg

C3A8ADF5-CB64-4319-B4E9-AE08D8EAF7AE.jpeg

I plan on leaving Pueblo at 8ish in the morning. I plan on taking 50 across to Owl Creek. If anybody wants to caravan down, maybe meet up at the Alta station in Penrose 8:30 or so?

Ok, so it looks like I won't be able to leave Tuesday with everyone but I'd like to make it down maybe late Wednesday or Thursday.
I can get to Silverton, but beyond that...is the campground we're staying at on one of the maps above?
Or can someone post a google maps location back to this thread once they are on site?

What would be the latest day to get there and the trip still be 'worth it'?
I'm thinking Thursday night at the latest but depends when yall plan to head out I guess.
Wednesday night would prob be best yeah?

yeah, Wednesday would be best. I found out I have to be home on the evening of the 10th, so would have to leave that afternoon. But if you got down there Wednesday night, you'd have Thursday and Friday to wheel.

What would be the latest day to get there and the trip still be 'worth it'?
One more overnight (adds a day) will make it much more enjoyable/worthwhile.

I've done two Friday-to-Sunday "turn and burn" trips to Silverton/Ouray in the past few years when friends were visiting from far away. It's rough but when friends make a 1,000-mile + week-long trip, I feel like a heel if I don't visit them.

going to try in a few weeks

@TachedOutOffRoad keep an eye on the weather!

Last edited:
One more overnight (adds a day) will make it much more enjoyable/worthwhile.
Planning to leave the Springs about 3am Thursday, aiming to arrive at camp by 9a, hoping to catch anyone who hasn't yet left for an outing.
Kendall campground yes? Is there a 'club flag' or something to identify friendly territory?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom