2021 San Juan Trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What is San Juan?

Ohhh...so...Black Bear and those other two passes and/or more?! Would LOVE to make that.
My schedule's open and could probably get the time off.

Still tentative but high priority. Life-things happening the week before so won't know for sure till then.

Doug...we will work out the details soon. I'd like to meet early and head down, beat the heat if there is any. In the past we've met at the filling station in Penrose, just off Highway 50.

So...lets start planning this event! I'm thinking meet up early on the 7th, and travel down together. Maybe do Owl Creek Pass on the way down. I believe camping is still allowed at Golden Horn (I think that is where the road is closed on up to the USFS campground and Bandora due to the fire last year). What trails do people want to do? How many people are we going to have?

Hello!

We’ll be leaving Alabama on the 3rd-ish and be in your neck of the woods that week in my FJ55/FJ80/UZJ100 mixed up truck thing.

Would love to maybe tag along if that’s alright.

I’ll be following this thread, but let me know if you get a group text or anything going too

FB429D8A-D1B4-4CC9-B763-CFD9D82B1BDF.jpeg

@TachedOutOffRoad...yes, loop back each day. Having a home base has worked very well the past few years. Most trails are loops or can be done as loops.

@Metalfree its pretty much come and go, I know I have to leave on the 10th to be back for the 11th. Overall, looks like a good group will be down there.

What does the fuel situation look like there? Is there access to refuel somewhere or strictly BYOF?

Is travel time to the trail head more than 8hrs? No matter, just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom