2018 LC200 5.7 Driver side A/C VENT doesn't work (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not very pleased with nagging issues from supposedly the most reliable vehicle in the world.

A/c blows from all other vents except the two driver side vents. I have tried everything in the 'climate' settings. Physically closing opening all the vents. I suspect a thermocouple connection in driver side has disconnected, causing the system not to blow any air on that section

Any experiences, thoughts, directions is welcome. I know, I can take it to a dealer. But, I prefer to trouble shoot myself, than have a bunch of tech disassemble the whole a/c unit and dashboard and break more things.

Regards,
Aniche

Last edited:
Had similar thing happen on my 2018 but on the passenger side and it was only the top vent. I assumed it was a stuck valve of some sort as the air would only come out the bottom vent no matter the setting on the climate settings page. Took to dealer and they said some sort of recalibration procedure fixed it. They didnt need to tear apart the dash. Has been working fine ever since.

My point is I believe there are things the dealer can do to troubleshoot and/or fix that do not involve tearing apart the dash. Maybe someone else here knows about this calibration procedure. I'll try to find my service paperwork later and post the dealer notes.

I know there are several instances of the servos that control the dampers within the HVAC system getting "stuck." I believe within Techstream there is the ability to re-initialize or reset these servos. Or they could have failed altogether, in which case they'll need to be replaced. I have seen this issue, or rather presumably same issue, on several vehicle's service histories when I was searching.

I don't have FSM access but these are the steps to diagnose the servo if you remove it. Techstream reset seems like an easier place to start, which I imagine will require a trip to the dealer. But at least then it's documented so if it happens again, they'll likely replace the servo rather than keep resetting it.

Reactions: HGB
Dealer performed a reset and re-initialization . It worked for few days and then went bad again. Now the dealer wants to replace the servo, 87106-50550 part. Back-ordered and a week's wait. Quite frustrating.

Another interesting thing is that this part number 87106-50550 is applicable to only 2014-2018 models. Wonder if they changed the part for 2019 model year onwards.

Another interesting thing is that this part number 87106-50550 is applicable to only 2014-2018 models. Wonder if they changed the part for 2019 model year onwards.

My drivers side AC blower went out today on my 19. All others work and the rear just stays on even though it is turned off. Scheduled to take it in on Thur for them to take a look.

I think I’m having this issue now. Just bought a ‘18 with 18k miles, I only had it for a week.

What is up with this happening all of a sudden? A buddy of mine has an '18, and exactly the same thing. Driver's AC blew at like 10 pct. He took it to the dealer last Friday and they fixed it by "resetting" something.

Not sure, when I picked up the vehicle from the dealership Saturday it was blowing hard all of a sudden mid week it’s not blowing. If it’s some kind of reset we need to figure out how it’s done it’s 100° here, with a month to go. No time to take it in.

I’m considering disconnecting the battery for a while, see if it will reset.

I’m considering disconnecting the battery for a while, see if it will reset.
Not sure that’ll help, but it shouldn’t hurt.

If you have TechStream go to Body Electrical / Air Conditioner / Utility / Servomotor Initialization. Run the initialization procedure. It only takes a minute.

The 2013 service manual (mine is a 2013, so that’s the year I’m familiar with) calls for this procedure every time power is lost or the battery is disconnected. Did you do something recently to cause a low battery voltage such as leaving the door open or the ignition in the accessory position with the engine off?

HTH. Ken

Not sure that’ll help, but it shouldn’t hurt.

If you have TechStream go to Body Electrical / Air Conditioner / Utility / Servomotor Initialization. Run the initialization procedure. It only takes a minute.

The 2013 service manual (mine is a 2013, so that’s the year I’m familiar with) calls for this procedure every time power is lost or the battery is disconnected. Did you do something recently to cause a low battery voltage such as leaving the door open or the ignition in the accessory position with the engine off?

HTH. Ken
Not that I’m aware of is the. I’m not familiar with tech stream

I have the same issue with driver's side AC. Servo has been replaced and same issue within a couple of weeks. Look forward to learning of the solution.

2018 with 16K miles.

I have the same issue with driver's side AC. Servo has been replaced and same issue within a couple of weeks. Look forward to learning of the solution.

2018 with 16K miles.
So you had the servo replaced and the issued returned? So I’m learning about techstream, about to order a cable. @KenB believes there is a way to reset the servos but if this is a continuous issue it will be frustrating.

Weirdest thing happened today... mine has not been working since Tuesday but today I was driving in a ridiculous rain storm and all of sudden it kicked on and started operating normal... even my rear AC is back to normal. I don’t know if something reboot itself but its all working normal now. It is still going to the dealer tomorrow to document and see if they can see anything... just thought I would update the thread.

Weirdest thing happened today... mine has not been working since Tuesday but today I was driving in a ridiculous rain storm and all of sudden it kicked on and started operating normal... even my rear AC is back to normal. I don’t know if something reboot itself but its all working normal now. It is still going to the dealer tomorrow to document and see if they can see anything... just thought I would update the thread.

Let us know what the dealer says. I predict if it’s operating normally when you go in they will not have much to add.

Let us know what the dealer says. I predict if it’s operating normally when you go in they will not have much to add.

It has been operating normal since yesterday, and like expected found no issues with it. The tech that worked on mine is extremely knowledgeable and did a once over on the entire system. Right now we are chalking it up to the servo motor getting stuck and freeing itself up.

Finally dropped at dealership tonight for the AC issue. I predict they will reset the servos and the problem will return with in a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom