2017 GX460 Build ELG_4x4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For the 470, watch for JW offroad’s rear tire carrier offering, they have a new swing out coming out.
The 470 is just different enough to not work with our rigs.
talk to him about a 460 version like yours!! :D
Ask him how many commitments it would take for it to be worth his time. A half dozen?? More/less???
Then post a new thread for it if he'll consider doing it and see who all would commit to getting one.

I’m having a fab guy in my area build me a bolt on version of this and that’s the pic I sent to him to give him an idea of what I wanted. I think the only thing I’m gonna do differently is add a hi lift mount either horizontally under the tire or between the the latch and the tire.

How does it do on the highway with the 285/75s? When I’m driving through the hills here I already want to regear on 285/70s. I think 285/75 is the perfect size for these visually though.

Reactions: r2m
For the 470, watch for JW offroad’s rear tire carrier offering, they have a new swing out coming out.
I talked to them a few weeks ago and the 460 version is planned to drop in about a month if everything goes well.

If you're having one made, from my personal experience of having a spare hanging out my rear window for abaout four years now, have them make it as low as possible unless you really don't mind about 75% of your rear view being blocked. I really wish my spare was at least six inches lower.
Also, I like my HighLift being below the spare, but if you're lowering your tire mount, you may run out of space under the spare. Probably the next best place would be vertical, right next to the spare. Since it'll only be about a 2" rod (the HighLift) there would be minimal rear view obstruction.
Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.

can you talk a little about the chop you did to the front bumper skirt? it looks super clean and gives you a good approach angle. Im looking at trying to do something similar on the 2022 version without having to go full on front bumper mod.

Many would be interested to hear about this. I like my Detours tire carrier but would prefer a full length swingout without going full metal bumper.

can you talk a little about the chop you did to the front bumper skirt? it looks super clean and gives you a good approach angle. Im looking at trying to do something similar on the 2022 version without having to go full on front bumper mod.
Here are some pics of the chop. I hope that helps to see the lines where the chop was made.

A9CC4F17-0035-4798-8D94-F501DE0AD149.jpeg

F6A68230-E0CE-402C-AA87-F7FDC316BDB3.jpeg

James, are you military/former military??
Saw the signature, "v/r" (Very respectfully) That's usually a military (Army) thing.

Looking ripe for a trial run!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom