2017 Christmas Tree Cutting Patrol (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
That time of year again.

The dates this year are Dec 2 & 3 and Dec. 9 & 10.

Coordinator will check out with F/S in case there are any last minute changes for next day.

Meet/depart at the Western at 8:00/8:30

2m frequency 146.580
CB ch 4

Sat Dec. 2
Coordinator - Leon
Luke
Tracey

Sun Dec 3
Coordinator -Tracey
Jason
David M.
Luke
Greg (maybe)

Sat Dec 9
Coordinator -Tracey (?)
Steve
Todd

Sun Dec 10
Coordinator -Eric
Greg
Tracey (?)

We want this to be fun but remember first and foremost this is a volunteer event and we are helping the Forest Service. So if it snows and it is not your day you can still come out but please keep to your original commitment as well.

Also, don't forget to track your mileage, starting from home. This is an official gov't volunteer effort so mileage should be tax deductible (consult your tax advisor).

Last edited:
We'll be up getting our tree sometime the first weekend. I can do either day the second weekend, and can be the coordinator.

Thanks to those that have signed up. We are only a week out so let's fill in these dates!!

Please put me in for December 3rd.

@CO_Hunter thanks for starting this thread and getting the volunteers lined-up.

I talked to Ranger Ellsworth earlier in October and told him we would support the event both weekends. He was going to a meeting in early November about the event, but having heard nothing from him, I assume no significant changes from years past. I called him this morning to confirm that we'll be there on dates specified (left a VM). If I get any additional info from him, I will post here.

Thanks. I left Rick a message on his cell a few weeks ago and did not hear back. I figured he was in elk or deer camp.

What are your dates?

Please change me to the 2nd and 3rd.

Something came up, and I will not be available the 9th or 10th.

Ranger Ellsworth called me back and left me a VM. He said no changes from years past; meet at the same location, etc. He will not be present on 2nd or 3rd; Rachel or Mike will be the contact person(s).

I can do any or all of the four scheduled days, planning to be there 2nd and 3rd for sure. Would like to not do both 9th and 10th, so if we have adequate numbers for those dates then scratch me off of one of them.

Looks warm and dusty this weekend for the patrol. No new snow expected b/w now and Sunday, so what little is up there is it. Looks like highs in the upper 40s to lower 50s depending on elevation. Could be a bit breezy on Sunday afternoon. Outlook for the second weekend, looks colder, but dry. Will update that when the time comes...

Reactions: SAS
:cry: I want snow!

See you guys at the Western tomorrow morning between 8 and 8:30am.

Schedule is looking a little thin this year. If you’re a lurker, please go ahead and sign up. Really helps with planning to know who’s going to attend. Surprise attendees are great, just harder to plan for. :)

Weather for this weekend, Dec 9-10...dry, temperatures in the 40s to low 50s depending on elevation. Wind shouldn't be an issue. There is a low chance for snow showers tonight into Thursday, but they will be hit and miss and accumulations <1" expected.

Reactions: SAS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom