2017 Big Junk Run (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's why get @Kotter aka Doc to show up. He's hauled a couple of riga back on his trailer.

I just heard yesterday that Rudy closed Green Acres. Thats not good. Somebody close to there needs to verify this.

Jordan and some Arkansas a Crawler guys are there this weekend. I'll check with him

Nope. Not closed. Hearing some stuff about friction between the owner and some individuals but the park is definitely not closed. Several friends wheeling there today and it's wide open.

As Daryl said, we wheeled Clayton this weekend. Heard it was "closed" late Friday night and formed a Plan B in case it was true. Talked with Rudy himself in person Saturday morning on the porch of his house on site for about 10 minutes. Sounds like he's tired of a few individuals of a particular crew that come out for a Labor Day ride and told them their event was cancelled, which was then translated (possibly in a malicious, spiteful manner) to "Green Acres is closed indefinitely". That guy seems to be playing the victim card and is not being completely truthful.

Main point is that the park is indeed open, and I specifically asked about the weekend of BJR, and he said we are welcome anytime and to look him up if we have any trouble.

Traction was awesome this weekend. We did Wet N Wild, creek bed in front of Black Sheep, into Green Mamba then the Extension, came back to do Black Sheep then Cakewalk. Went up Tucker's Triumph to C&H Sugar, then finished the day by trying to find Gobbler's Knob but instead ran Redneck Millionairre. 4 rigs started the journey, all but one broke (one ring gear shelled, one broke ears off D60 front inner yoke, one shelled a Longfield). All back on trailers by that night and we had an incredible time!

Dang. This thread hasn't been touched in over two months :-/

Wanted to put it out there that I have rented the Climb On Inn with a couple of peeps for the BJR. All are welcome to stop in and check it out and socialize. It's that rent house off Horn St. that is maybe 500 yards from Green Acres entrance. I expect most people who are going have secured a place to stay, but if someone needs a place to stay, PM me.

Went to Clayton end of last month and had an awesome time! FYI, Green Mamba and Jeff's Ledges are still closed. This is per the bonafide owner of the land on which those trails run. Also, Gasper Goo and Waterfall are closed. AFAIK, everything else is open. Be warned that this particular landowner will likely be around the weekend of BJR and may very well be watching his land from afar. Seems a lot of people are accessing his land without his permission.

Looking forward to some great wheeling!

I have reserved an RV space at the County inn, lady said she did not have a lot of reservations for 16-19, are we basing out of there ? Is anyone planning to wheel Thursday?

Looking forward to it. We'll be w/o Jrob and I know he hates to miss it but one of his girls is having her wisdom teeth pulled on that Friday. JT and I will be there for the fun tho!

I have reserved an RV space at the County inn, lady said she did not have a lot of reservations for 16-19, are we basing out of there ? Is anyone planning to wheel Thursday?
We are staying at the Clayton Country Inn but have a room. Not sure how many RV's are coming. Arriving on Wed. evening.

We will see you all Saturday morning.

My junk is at the Ass Farm. Planning on a trip up there maybe Tuesday or Wednesday to retrieve it and do some work on Bill’s knuckles. Then headed to Clayton. Still
Not sure if it’ll be Wednesday night or Thursday morning.

I should be rolling in Thursday morning. Bringing the Crawler Hauler.