2016 worth the extra $$$ What is really different? Structure? Safety? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I drove an '11 LC a few years ago and a '17 just today. Curious if the interior is different around drivers area, or am I imagining things...

In the '11 I don't recall dead pedal being as close (more leg room), or the right-leg surround area intruding so much into driver area. Back-to-back with a new 4runner, the 4runner had much more open driver space and seemed like more leg room? Anybody own both?

I'm a big guy @ 6'3 280 so I may be more sensitive to losing a bit of space than the average bear.
I own an '11 cruiser and my work car is a '16 4Runner and leg room is the same length but the center console does push into legs about a half inch more on the cruiser. That said everything about the 4Runner is cheap compared to the 200. That and when you have a drivetrain that is significantly larger than a 5th gen 4Runners, but in a vehicle that is actually not much bigger, it's got to go somewhere.

I'm 6'6" 200 lbs, and I feel like the cruiser is bigger for me than my 4Runner, FJ, and Tacoma.

Thanks Taco -- more specifically I was wondering if less center console room from 2013-2015 LC vs 2016+. 4Runner can't tow what I need it to, so making sure I'm shopping right generation of LC if they vary.

Thanks Taco -- more specifically I was wondering if less center console room from 2013-2015 LC vs 2016+. 4Runner can't tow what I need it to, so making sure I'm shopping right generation of LC if they vary.
Ah ok, well if it helps, '08 to '15 interiors are all the same design and dimensions. Just color and where they put a couple buttons changed. And when I got in a '16 the lower area below the steering wheel had the same air bad dimensions and distance to the console. So while the dash changed, I doubt the guts behind it altered much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom