2016+ Spare Door Key Option (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For those of you that have the emergency key insert which is flat on one side...

Like this: Flat on one side. (Key from inside the remote fob)

flat.jpg

Just as a FYI if interested - There is a full size key blank which you can use as a spare key if you wanted.
This works in the door. It may work in the glovebox too.

This part # is meant for the Tacoma tailgate but will work for any Toyota/Lexus with the flat side emergency key.

Toyota part #: 69515-0K130

You can order this yourself and get it cut by a locksmith or order and get it cut from your dealer of choice.

Looks like this:
s-l400.jpg

key.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know if there is an equivalent part number for a 2011 that would work for the door?
I don't have the key fob in front of me to compare...

Anyone know if there is an equivalent part number for a 2011 that would work for the door?
I don't have the key fob in front of me to compare...

I've been happy with this velcro mounted key holder. I have them in both of my LX's. I put the small emergency door key in the holder (double ziplock bagged) and stashed the key fob in the vehicle. I removed the key fob battery so it wouldn't affect the door locks, etc.
It's worth noting that you can start the vehicle even without a key fob battery by holding the fob against the start button when you push it.

I do check the key holder after the rare times that I use a carwash and so far so good.

Amazon product ASIN B000KFSZ0W

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom