2016 Hema Maps Continental Divide Expedition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

shane4x4

Media Partner
Threads
Website
tctmagazine.net
As some of you know I’ve been helping Hema Maps for the last couple of years with their North American Explorer App (Hema Explorer North America - Hema Maps)

Last year we planned & executed an epic 6,500 mile expedition from the Mexican border to Prudhoe Bay, AK along the Continental Divide. While we had hoped to publish the tracks & waypoints a little sooner, we’ve finally pulled everything together and all 5 legs of the trip are now published =)

I'm happy to answer any questions about the trip, the gear, planning, etc =)

There's a FULL thread with more details over on Expedition Portal.

I'll include the bit about the hardware here though....because...that Land Cruiser is, well, perfect =)

The 200 Series Land Cruiser was shipped from Australia to the US for the year as the expedition vehicle. We sourced an A/T Chaser Flatbed trailer thanks in large part to Scott Brady & Chris Cordes from ExPo.

The LC is fully setup and prior to this expedition ha mapped over 100,000km all around Australia - so it’s more than proven that it can handle well, anything. Chris did a great write up on the LC:
Featured Vehicle: Hema Maps 200 Series Land Cruiser

The main point of the expedition was to show that Hema Maps is more than just maps & apps, after exploring & mapping Australia for over 30 years…the company is ready to take on North America =)

We used two iPad Mini’s + one iPhone 4 for the entire expedition, all running Hema Explorer North America (Hema Explorer North America - Hema Maps). Although the app runs on both iOS & Android, we chose the iPads mainly due to better cameras for documentation and easier full-device backups.

The rig heading up the Dalton Highway to Prudhoe Bay =)

16797487_1448766855208423_1613359242929636115_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom