2015 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,
I'm going to be getting Bilstein 5100s and most likely rear spacers to level it out. The only issue is I don't know where to get them installed. I've been told it isn't the hardest job to do myself but I'm not confident in my knowledge. I got a quote from ACC but it was a little more than I wanted to spend. Where should I be going to get the Bilsteins installed?

Thanks

So why are you putting on bilsteins on a new 4runner. Give us some more details about what yojr goals are with the truck

So why are you putting on bilsteins on a new 4runner. Give us some more details about what yojr goals are with the truck
I want to get better suspension along with a small lift. It is also a good start to building my car up.

I would consider better tires (Toyo tires are awesome), armor, recovery kit and ham radio to start. Better tires = better traction and you will learn to pick easier lines without a small lift. Better to save yor money for the lift kit you want. Hopefully some of the other guys will comment as well.

I would consider better tires (Toyo tires are awesome), armor, recovery kit and ham radio to start. Better tires = better traction and you will learn to pick easier lines without a small lift. Better to save yor money for the lift kit you want. Hopefully some of the other guys will comment as well.
Ok. Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about getting new tires but am waiting for my current tires to go. For armor, most of it is more expensive than I want to spend.

I would guess your trail style is going to be moderate to hard core expedition style running and not rock crawling with a newer 4runner. Thus, your mods should follow along those lines. Good quality tires, (skinny, not wide) is going to get you much further on a trail than anything else. On my truck, I went to 33s vs 32 or 31s. Do not think you need to go to very large or wide tires unless you have different goals or your truck is purpose built and not always street driven. as for what some of the conditions we experience, this is by far the most difficult and the deepest. I missed this trip, but the area is awesome. The video is pretty awesome.

New Years Ride Jan. 2-4

Good recovery points and recovery kit in case you get stuck and as your budget allows, armor.
Please read about some of the others builds in GA cruisiers, the expo section in mud as well as Expedition portal, ttora and of course toyota4runnerDOTorg. Always use toyota parts, there is a huge difference.
just google toyota 4runner lower ball joint failure and look at the pics., Lots of guys try to cheap out on non-toyota parts or ignore maintenance (long term). I was very lucky as I took my truck in for some minor work and they guys told me I needed new lowers. And yes, they were right, after I pulled them off, I had 1.5mm of play in them. Not bad for 19 yrs and 180K miles.
Start a build tread and post up some pictures. Good luck.

I would guess your trail style is going to be moderate to hard core expedition style running and not rock crawling with a newer 4runner. Thus, your mods should follow along those lines. Good quality tires, (skinny, not wide) is going to get you much further on a trail than anything else. On my truck, I went to 33s vs 32 or 31s. Do not think you need to go to very large or wide tires unless you have different goals or your truck is purpose built and not always street driven. as for what some of the conditions we experience, this is by far the most difficult and the deepest. I missed this trip, but the area is awesome. The video is pretty awesome.

New Years Ride Jan. 2-4

Good recovery points and recovery kit in case you get stuck and as your budget allows, armor.
Please read about some of the others builds in GA cruisiers, the expo section in mud as well as Expedition portal, ttora and of course toyota4runnerDOTorg. Always use toyota parts, there is a huge difference.
just google toyota 4runner lower ball joint failure and look at the pics., Lots of guys try to cheap out on non-toyota parts or ignore maintenance (long term). I was very lucky as I took my truck in for some minor work and they guys told me I needed new lowers. And yes, they were right, after I pulled them off, I had 1.5mm of play in them. Not bad for 19 yrs and 180K miles.
Start a build tread and post up some pictures. Good luck.

After your input and thinking for a little but I've decided to get KO2's instead of Bilsteins. As you said, why do I need them on a new 4runner. They will definitely going on in the future but not now. What is everyone's opinion about the KO2's?

30k+ into my first set. @woody has them on his 80 And @BMThiker has a set on DigDug and I'm sure many more do as well. They are good tires, I like them because they wear great. If you run the roads you should get good mileage out of them, if you wheel, well I have no idea how many miles Woody has on his in the rocks, but I know Rick put his to the test at K2 a month or so ago. My opinion, they are an excellent dual purpose tire for a truck that sees a lot it road miles. You won't be disappointed.

X2 on the KO2's!! I've had many sets of BFGs and my Favorite so far! 16k on them and they still look brand new!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom