2013 San Rafael Swell! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a Google Earth Track ready! I'll email it out to those interested. Please PM me with your email address. (I have most of the club member addresses).

All I can say is EPIC!

Route.jpg

Route.jpg

Send me one please.

Speaking of tracks Funtreks has a supplement to their guide books that is a chip with every trail in each book. It does two things: gives voice directions to the trail head and shows the track nicely highlited. Not a replacement for the book as it has no waypoints, photos, etc. He does not have it for the Koko but does have TOTW, RGH and Dome Plateau so ends up covering most of it. I don't believe it will cover Beef Basin but does cover Lockhart and White Wash and some of the connecting trails like Chicken and Dubinki. Nothing in the Swell yet. Edit: I believe this only works with Garmin and clones.

Ace

Last edited:
I updated the first post with the following....

Contact Info:

CB: Channel 13 (Primary) Channel 15 (Alternate)
2M: 146.460

ALL Please Bring Firewood if you can!
Also, I would ask everyone to pick up a few wag bags. We have two porta-poty/seats for them and a tent that I will bring. They can be found at wal-mart.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-Double-Doodie-Bags/14550463

I'm running CB, 2m ham & HF ham & FRS if needed for Coms. Anyone know of any local repeaters around the Moab area? I would like to program them in before I leave.

Jon, I'll trade GPX files with you. I want some feed back on the route I've chosen from Zion to Moab.
Craig

Is it too late to get in on the rib-eye feast? If not I'm in for at least one of those bad boys. Looking forward to meeting all the new people. See ya in 10 days!

I'm running CB, 2m ham & HF ham & FRS if needed for Coms. Anyone know of any local repeaters around the Moab area? I would like to program them in before I leave.

Jon, I'll trade GPX files with you. I want some feed back on the route I've chosen from Zion to Moab.
Craig

There are a couple of repeaters to choose from. Google is your friend. I saw your route posted. Have not had time to look at it but will try. PM me your email. I think I lost it.

Is it too late to get in on the rib-eye feast? If not I'm in for at least one of those bad boys. Looking forward to meeting all the new people. See ya in 10 days!

Not to late for steaks, how many? I will be putting our order in on Monday.

Good to see the "poop issue" addressed.

Ace

Cool just wanted to make sure. Some people are more rigid about things like that than others.

The concern is making sure you have a descent spare that can do more than just get you out. Wouldn't you rather stay with the group and then fix the tire that evening at camp? I have seen people pull a spare from under their truck that was completely ruined from dragging over rocks and ledges. The key word here is have a GOOD full size spare, and check its pressure before the trip.

The old Scout motto be prepared still applies.

Ace

Yeah my spare is a good solid tire. I just want to make sure my bases are covered before I show up for the run. First run with the group so I have to make a good impression.

Yeah my spare is a good solid tire. I just want to make sure my bases are covered before I show up for the run. First run with the group so I have to make a good impression.

Yeh, I know the concern. But you have a good looking truck and are experienced so your good to go. Long ago I had a Toyota mini-truck 4x4 and it was one of my favorite vehicles. Had to sell it after our first child because I couldn't get it in 4th gear with the baby seat in the middle.

Ace

This trip is Expo Approved!

Here's a pic of my 100 and please put me in for one of those rib-eyes on steak night. Thanks, Bob.

Done on the streaks, Good looking 100 series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom