2013 lc200 Stinky odor, on 5/8/19 found the smell, What caused it is the Question? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Now that you have access to everything did you find the evap drain line? Can you post some pics of that for info on the board?

That carpet padding will take FOREVER to dry out on its own if it was from a windshield or sunroof leak. The carpet effectively has a rubber barrier to keep it from evaporating. Not saying it's absolutely not the AC drain, just that I wouldn't rule the other options out just yet.

When was the last time the truck saw any precipitation?

It would probably be worth your time to take it outside and go to town with a garden hose and look for any leaks. Should be pretty easy to spot any with all of the carpet removed.

Now you have to put it back together....:oops:
Lol. Not yet....

@bloc

Unfortunately the car cannot be moved. I disconnected the battery to remove the seats to prevent get the SRS light. I would have to connect the seats again.

The matting on carpet is good, is only the portion of the styrofoam.

The evap drain is hard to get to, even in this situation

Reactions: TG1
after I removed the parking ecu, its cover and the blower...

u9Qa9Ph.jpg

with the use of a camera, I was able to see my core. it does have some mold in it...

2 videos of same, one is longer

longer version

this sucks, as there Is no easy way to do this cleaning without molesting a lot of stuff.

quality control did not think this one right, that drain is hard to reach

Any update on how this was resolved? I would hope blasting the area where the evap is with Lysol or other disinfectant would at least kill the molds and mildews. I hope this worked out for you. Seeing the pictures of the carpets removed, I was concerned to how much electronics are mounted to the floor of the vehicle and not elevated higher in the passenger compartment.

sorry, never updated this. My problem was not the A/C drain, altough the A/C Needed attention. I had more smell come back.

My sunroof drain was working well.

I took off the carpet again, and left car in the rain. it flooded.

There is another thread here by a member, that pointed out in the facebook group also what my problem was.

There is a defect in the seam sealer that needs to be repaired by removing the front fenders.

It was a pain in the ass. but after fixing, it really did the trick.

I pressure washed the carpet, and used an ozone machine to get rid of the smell. so far so good, left in rain, and no leaking.

Thanks for this. Do you have a link for the info on the seam sealer defect? I had a weird water leak one time this summer after a wild cloudburst. I cleared the sunroof drains and reconditioned the seals, but I was never convinced that was the problem. 2011 LX570

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom