2013 GX 460 Premium build- (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any rattling from the magnaflow? I like the sound of the mbrp, and it looks like it’s be similar, but it rattles like crazy when stopped at a light.
No rattling here either with the magnaflow. Now the exhaust on my 80 did that rattling but it was because the cat was toast. When we got it off the truck it sounded like a box of cereal. :rofl:

Last edited:
Any rattling from the magnaflow? I like the sound of the mbrp, and it looks like it’s be similar, but it rattles like crazy when stopped at a light.
Have you checked all your hangers? And run your fingers along the entire length (when cold) to check for clearance?
And it may be something completely unrelated to the muffler. Just a thought.

I went to Slee yesterday, and locked down some choices. Icon wheels, toyo tires, OME BP-51's, and some Slee Sliders. Pretty good chunk of work. I was very impressed with their shop and their people.
Looking forward to a recent BP51 review on a GX. Everything I find is a few years old and seems to give very little time to actual driving impressions.

Have you checked all your hangers? And run your fingers along the entire length (when cold) to check for clearance?
And it may be something completely unrelated to the muffler. Just a thought.

Going to try one last time to readjust it… after that it’s going in the dumpster.

Looking forward to a recent BP51 review on a GX. Everything I find is a few years old and seems to give very little time to actual driving impressions.
Might be some more recent reviews on the 4runner forums… pretty sure it’s the same kit.

Might be some more recent reviews on the 4runner forums… pretty sure it’s the same kit.
It's the same kit unless there are any valving/rate adjustments for the weight difference. I am really looking for some insight as to how the BP51s do with on road/daily ride. I assume their digressive/bypass setup works amazing on a washboard trail but some digressive setups end up feeling pretty stiff in everyday driving.

status update- I'm waiting for an ARB Base Rack to come in(with some basic accessories), and it should be here and installed within a couple of weeks. I was very on the fence about Front Runner vs ARB, but in the end, ARB had the edge in a couple areas:
1. Build- ARB's welded design vs 1 zillion bolts.
2. Initial cost- ARB is a few hundred bucks cheaper
3. Engineering- ARB's rachet straps can attach directly to the Base Rack without having to purchase tie-down points.

status update- I'm waiting for an ARB Base Rack to come in(with some basic accessories), and it should be here and installed within a couple of weeks. I was very on the fence about Front Runner vs ARB, but in the end, ARB had the edge in a couple areas:
1. Build- ARB's welded design vs 1 zillion bolts.
2. Initial cost- ARB is a few hundred bucks cheaper
3. Engineering- ARB's rachet straps can attach directly to the Base Rack without having to purchase tie-down points.
Got some photos?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom