2013 front camera wiring color coding? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

elcie200

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi -- I've got a 2013 LC. I'm looking for information regarding the wiring for the OEM front camera.

I pulled the grille today, to check it out -- I see yellow, brown, blue and green. Can anyone point me to a wiring diagram or schematic for what each wire does/is?

thanks!
--ryan

Hi -- I've got a 2013 LC. I'm looking for information regarding the wiring for the OEM front camera.

I pulled the grille today, to check it out -- I see yellow, brown, blue and green. Can anyone point me to a wiring diagram or schematic for what each wire does/is?

thanks!
--ryan

FWIW I was able to finally track this down. Found the wiring diagram at techinfo.toyota.com

Yellow/v-
Blue/v+
Green/power+
Brown/ground

Also... Looks like the front camera is 6v (6.55 ish?)
Hooked up a 12v cam; no picture on screen
Hooked the cam to 12v (used a battery jumper) and it worked .

Now figuring out how to get from 6v to 12v . Thinking relay.

Let me know what your up to. Sounds like your working on something I was thinking about. My 13 LX has 180,000 miles and the front camera is in bad shape. A new factory camera is $1200. Found one from Japan for about $550. Still too expensive. Are you wanting to put an aftermarket camera in its place?

Yep. I was looking to relocate the stock cam to my bumper/bullbar, but couldn't figure a good way to mount it. Add to that the view is super "fisheye'd"... I figured it'd be easier to just get a cheap cam and mount it my bumper ... And so the wiring odessey began haha.

The rear camera on the lx is 6v so likely the front is too. There are a few 6v camera out there $30 or so.

Relay a More straightforward solution.

The rear camera on the lx is 6v so likely the front is too. There are a few 6v camera out there $30 or so.

Relay a More straightforward solution.

Good to know. The other thing I'm reading is that 12v relays typically need ~9v to trigger... So I'm wondering if the 6ish-v on the camera wiring is enough to pull the relay .

FWIW... I ended up going w/ the 12v camera paired with a 5-11v to 12v "step up"

camera: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LXJ66DW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
step up: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019GY2DC8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The step-up is a little bulky, so it's mounted w/ heavy duty velcro to the vertical support beam (the one that holds the PCS/radar). The the wires connect to the oem wiring on one end, and the camera routes to my bumper on the other.

For now, the camera is mounted to the bumper using a couple of magnets. I may get around to a more permanent installation, but for now this works.

@sac -- here's a couple of (pretty bad) night time photos...
1) notice the diff b/t the front cam and side cam
2) I included a photo of the rear cam for comparison

I didn't take any before/after... but I think the new front is better reso than the oem.
It has less curve/fisheye and the picture is better quality in good and bad light.
The new cam definitely has a narrower view.

rsz_newfrontcam.png
rsz_oemrearcam.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom