2009 GX VSC Problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My wife was driving the GX this morning and she said that while sitting at a red light the Traction Control Light came on and started beeping. When she began to accelerate she said it was difficult to get going so I can only assume the VSC was activating.

Is a faulty speed sensor the only thing that would cause this? I'm leaning towards that because I just had the oil pain dropped at the dealer to flush the trans so maybe they knocked it loose or something?

Anyone had this issue or replaced a speed sensor DIY?

Thanks

It could be an issue with a wheel speed sensor. If they fail, I believe they trigger the ABS light and will throw a code. You may want to find someone that can read ABS codes. The sensors themselves should be super easy to replace if one is bad.

http://www.oemlexusparts.com/svg/8961630.SVG

The speed sensor is labeled #21. It is held in with one allen head bolt and should unclip from the wiring at the back of the sensor.

Have you checked to see if the center diff lock was accidentally engaged?

It could be an issue with a wheel speed sensor. If they fail, I believe they trigger the ABS light and will throw a code. You may want to find someone that can read ABS codes. The sensors themselves should be super easy to replace if one is bad.

http://www.oemlexusparts.com/svg/8961630.SVG

The speed sensor is labeled #21. It is held in with one allen head bolt and should unclip from the wiring at the back of the sensor.

Have you checked to see if the center diff lock was accidentally engaged?

I ordered a OBDII reader that will be here sunday. Will that read ABS codes?

She said a flashing light and logo with "lightning bolts underneath" came on LOL. That has to be the VSC light I am thinking.

Many of the inexpensive OBDII readers do not read ABS codes. If you search for an ABS code reader many of them do OBDII as well. Just carefully read the product description. If it doesn't list ABS codes it probably doesn't read them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom