2008 vs 2010 and newer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One of my daughters is lobbying for a 62, if I find the right one, I just might oblige her...:beer:

They're perfect cars for younger drivers - slow, heavy, visible, and tall. Not a problem if the A/C doesn't work either (don't want them spending too much time in them). :D

I'd go for the older model for the convenience of the oil filter location - something much more noticeable if you do your own oil changes. A couple more HP is not worth the engine updates ($$$$) in my eyes. I also was not aware that Toyota removed all the accessory wiring harnesses in later models....something to consider if the vehicle doesn't come with the A-trac switch or rear (d-pillar) speakers or subwoofer and then you decide you want to install those after the purchase.

And to comment on the fender rips/bulges, mine is a June 06 build date and started bulging just a few months after owning it. After 120K on the odo, it is now fully torn through on the driver side and mostly through on the passenger side, but there are no visible side effects to this. You can't tell from the outside and stuff still seems fine under the hood. I use it as my daily driver and wheel it pretty good too. I offroad mostly in the SE region but have gone out to Ouray, Moab and TEXAS.

Happy hunting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom