2008 LC 200 18'rim swap w 2008 Sequoia 20' rim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2008 Land Cruiser with 18' rims. My wife has a 2008 Sequoia with 20' rims. She really likes the LC rims better, and I do not care one way or the other.

I have seen several LC 200s with the Sequoia rims, so I assume they work. I know they fit.

Will my tire pressure monitors still work?

I do not go off road except on muddy boat ramps. I don't care if I have 20s or 18s.

I have read some things on handling, and I would be interested in the effect on both trucks.

Thoughts? (Other than I suck b/c I dont go offroad, please).

;)

Thanks.

You will be fine swapping the wheels over, except for the tire monitors. Not sure what is in the Sequoia, but my assumption is that they are the same type. That being the case, swap wheels and take them into your friendly neighbourhood Toyota stealership...they will be happy to charge you $100+ to initiate each vehicle's TPMS.

Not sure about the overall diameter, but if the seq. wheels are bigger then you will loose a little power. Then again with that 5.7L V8 I don't think it really matters...

Not sure about the overall diameter, but if the seq. wheels are bigger then you will loose a little power. Then again with that 5.7L V8 I don't think it really matters...

I don't even think the most experienced driver would notice it. Unless you are going to 35s, it would be tough to notice a difference in power gain or loss over a couple of millimeters.

Thanks chimyz. I don't see how it could make a difference. Every truck I have had for the last 20 years has had bigger tires than factory except my LC, and none had the power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom