For Sale 2008 200 Series Land Cruiser - Silver - 199k - TJM - Lift - Southeast Truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm selling my 200 series. 2008, Silver with gray interior. Currently 199,240 miles and counting as I drive it here & there. It has
  • TJM T13 Deluxe front bumper with LEDs
  • Badlands 12k winch with Amsteel Blue line
  • Suspension
    • Front: Bilstein 2.5" diameter 6112 shocks with Bilstein progressive rate springs (very nice ride).
    • Rear :Fox IFP shocks and Firestone Air Bags with manual inflate nozzles
  • (4) New Goodyear Duratrac 275/70/18 with matching spare.
  • 2" Hub-centric Wheel Spacers for wider stance
  • Weathertech mats all around including cargo area
BTW, that short list adds up to about $4800 in add-ons over stock...

VIN is JTMHY05J985002244

I'm the 3rd owner and I've had it for 3 years. Last owner bought it from a local Toyota dealer as a CPO vehicle. I'm never off-road, so it's somewhat useless set up the way it is when I just drive for business and occasional family travel.

Currently has 3 minor blemishes - First is on the driver rear door. Not sure what happened, but it was on there when I got it. You can see a few marks in the pics. Second is paint flaking on the rear bumper at one of the sensors. Third is a blemish on the hood that is about 1" by 1/2" that is on the driver side, that looks like a dark spot in the paint. Otherwise, it is in great condition.

In Nov 2015 I hit a deer on the interstate and did some front/pass damage that was repaired meticulously under my watchful eye by a top-notch shop. In Jan 2018 I was bumped from behind at a stop light. My trailer ball did damage to the other guy's vehicle, so a report was filed even though no damage to the cruiser.

This truck is amazing and has had zero repairs since I've owned it - only preventative maintenance. I replaced the 02 sensors about 15k ago with OEM/Denso units as PM in hopes of improving gas mileage. I'm here selling it, so I didn't really notice any difference, unfortunately.

Email is bamachem(at)yahoo(dot)com and cell is 2five1-3hundred-nine0five5 for call/text. I'm located in Fairhope AL, and about 1hr from PNS or MOB for flights. I travel the SE and TX a bit and might be able to deliver as well for the right buyer.

Asking $25,000

Anyway, here's the pics -

qfN1nlz.jpg

Ua0vlyT.jpg

MydciOU.jpg

gDjG8u5.jpg

ydpmrle.jpg

1jfdHvc.jpg

OVtykyO.jpg

Thzt89X.jpg

9BizUsr.jpg

Last edited:
Enk3GK3.jpg

RHwv7cH.jpg

70iIFN8.jpg

YR5w2YN.jpg

TVGLXaj.jpg

veiLL6n.jpg

H1cnqNF.jpg

kq4zJU4.jpg

gyhZyDK.jpg

bUBXJ4Z.jpg

C7oTSem.jpg

tuePKAu.jpg

mDFbxet.jpg

QFxRMg9.jpg

JuRayam.jpg

J8JT65W.jpg

Pic from 2015 deer impact on interstate

Front bumper and support was scrapped for the TJM. Replaced parts included Pass Headlight, Grille, Radiator, Trans Cooler, and Pass Fender. Entire Pass side was repainted and blended due to the antlers/deer tumble-weeding down the side of the truck after impact.

vsIwyvJ.png

Front: Bilstein 6112 2.5" dia shocks (for a Tundra I believe) with a progressive rate Bilstein spring. $850 plus install and ride very nice.

Rear: OEM springs, Fox IFP 2" dia shocks, Firestone Airbags. About $300 plus install.

Last edited:
In that general area, sometimes. Usually around Decatur, Gadsden, etc.

Trades ? Cummins truck 6.7 4x4?

Trades ? Cummins truck 6.7 4x4?

Replacing it with a 15/16 Yukon Denali, so that about the only trade is consider right now.

Just rolled 200k. Still for grabs.

Anyone interested at $24k?

Love it, but I'm having a hard time with a $24k vehicle at 200k miles. (Not that the price is wrong, just that's my hold up). Been thinking of replacing my 100 series with 317k and my Tacoma with one 200 Series and you're not that far away....

Are those pics from the Marina Parking lot next to Point Clear Marriott? The background looks really familiar...

Yeah, that's the place. I live in Fairhope

Replacing it with a 15/16 Yukon Denali, so that about the only trade is consider right now.
Not sure if I read this right or not but if so, what GM vehicles have you owned?? I personally have owned more vehicles than I will admit to...for fear others will think I lost my mind a long time ago.....Ive owned everything but Nissans and Dodges.....We all know Toyota builds incomparably rugged full sized and mid sized SUVs. Their trucks are as good as they get unless one needs a heavier hauler. Ive owned many trucks from old 1956 Ford F100s and newer 84 Toyota SR5 4X4 mini trucks many years ago, through 6.4L 08 Ford F 450s.....and so many in between. Had a number of GMC Yukons including a 4 wheel drive Autoride 2500 XL with a 8.0 L V-8 in the early 2000s.... A number of 3500HD dually diesel 4 x 4 crew cabs in the mid 2000s ( 2008 my last ) too, so I can honestly say Ive had more than most......and have been under and around every one of them. I developed the first automatically retracting running boards/steps for Ford Motor Company in 1994 as well, and have built/modified many vehicles....enough where I REALLY have gotten into the build quality of a vehicle.

I trust you have been under your LC.........and have spent hours looking at the beast it is....right? If you spend some time under any Yukon or Tahoe/Suburban, do not expect to find anything that resembles what you have in your garage..... GM doesn't make such a beast.....

If you were looking for a heavy duty truck to pull a 16,000 lb load down the interstate, I would say look at Fords.....nothing else! If a 1/2 ton pickup was on the wish list, I would say Toyota first, and Ford second ( 13 or later 3.r Eco Boost though!!....nothing earlier ).....period!

Looking at Yukons/Tahoes ( Denali, LTZ......doesnt matter....), I assume you are looking at all or four wheel drives...... My words of advise are very simple.......do not expect them to drive , maneuver, perform off road, hold up to abuse, or hold up in a comparable way to your LC. They won't....because they are not built like your LC....Not even close. In a way, I,m amazed to see anyone considering moving from a LC to a GM SUV..... Its just not a natural transition...... I,m 62, an Ex U S Navy hairy legged frogman, and have been a mechanical gear head from day one......and I won't own a Dodge......great diesel engines...good looks.....but nothing else! GMs? Great engines ( especially the gas V 8s, ).....but spindly hardware everywhere below.....and way too much flimsy plastic in the interiors......... Beautiful styling I agree.....and a motor.....but with nothing else going for them.....I will pass until they raise their bar.

Look at the steering hardware alone on a 1/2 ton GM truck, and then look at it on a GM 1 ton HD........You will immediately see what I am talking about. Tie rods the size of my 13 year old daughters' fore finger.....Look at their frames too....Then go look at a Ford truck......any of them! Then look at your LC..... If when Toyota ever comes out with a 3/4 and 1 ton pickup here in the US, they will destroy Dodge and GM......giving Ford a real run for their money. If they can get join ranks with Cummins...they will own the market. If that would happen, GM would finally be forced to really improve their trucks and SUVs....... If they did that, I would at least give them a look again........

Sorry to bring this onto you, but it just isn't natural to go from a LC to a Yukon!...........

Good luck regardless!

I haven't been under one yet but should. Thx for the feedback and kick in the nuts. I've second guessed doing this quite a bit and still may not go through with it.

I haven't been under one yet but should. Thx for the feedback and kick in the nuts. I've second guessed doing this quite a bit and still may not go through with it.
Please spend some time thinking about this. I,m probably a lot older than you and if I knew years ago what I now know, I would be much happier....probably retired......with a 2015 LC in my garage paid for with every upgrade I love and many I don't need...... The money I wasted trading, selling and buying cars and trucks since 1970 would probably resolve our national debt.......Aston Martin Vanquish Ss, M5s, 84 911 Strokes Turbos, Cayenne Turbos, Porsche 996 GT2, 997 and 998 Turbos, 998 GT 3 RS ( Orange/black wheels....amazing ),etc etc etc......Now I own a 2008 LC and wish I had realized what they were years ago.... Range Rover HSEs, Range Rover SCs ( 400 and 500 bhp models ), RR Sport SCs, incredibly capable off road machines but wouldn't take them across the outback in fear of an electronic failure.......

Seriously, I really wish I had come across someone like me, years ago.....but the issue is years ago, cars were built far better in many ways.
No, I don't want to go back in technology, but build quality for most vehicles just isn't what it was. The Japanese builders that still build in Japan are to me the very finest currently. Japanese cars built elsewhere I can't comment. Some German cars built in Germany are still built with high quality too, but not all of them...

I had my last 3500 HD dually diesel crew cab 4X4 break a pencil thin tie rod in my driveway one day simply backing out.....and until it happened, I really didn't realize how light weight they are built. Had it towed to the dealer I bought it from and they had just taken in a 08 Ford F 450 Lariat diesel crew cab 4X4 on trade for a Yukon Denali 2500...... because they didn't need to haul horses any longer.... I looked under the 450 and immediately traded my broken 08 GM dually in on it........and I never looked back !
The dually with 19 Alcoas and michelins felt like the frame was twisting into a pretzel , ( because it was ) and the drive train was bouncing all over the place....if pushed hard on a beautiful canyon road....... I know it wasn't a track car...but come on.....one needs to drive hard sometimes! The 450 was heavier by a bunch....and didn't have the punch of the Dura max...but it literally was a beast on rails in every condition...and would pull the moon safely...... You knew it would take almost all abuse! The Yukons and Tahoes simply are built with dated and borderline inadequate hardware......but are probably the best looking trucks and American suvs out there...... Drive one and really drive it before you buy one.....Then go and drive a Lexus GX 570.........or a newer LC......yes...I know they aren't inexpensive but neither is a late model Yukon Denali..... The GM simply is disappointing and will expose its true nature if pushed in an emergency situation......

The new Lincoln Navigator might be worth a look too but not up to speed on them....as they haven't been up to speed for a while either...but they are built stronger than a GM.

Sorry for the long response but I have seen a lot during my life and am a bit passionate about how some automakers simply refuse to build better vehicles...opting instead to make them really cool looking.....attracting the buyers that really don't know...or care about whats behind the sheet metal. I do...and I care about whats under and around me when I opt to venture into the bush with my family........

Resale is a big one too.....Just research how many specific vehicles there are for sale online......If you do that, you will immediately see when you do decide to sell whatever you buy today.....there will be others competing for buyers right alongside of you...... If you have a very limited vehicle thats popular all over the world.......well.....it will simply sell far quicker and prove a better purchase...FWIW

Good Luck again!

Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom