2006 LC died slowly while driving? Help, electrical? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Pulled out of my driveway, red battery light turned on, colt meter dropped fast from 14-12-9 over the next 2 blocks, then a couple lights rcsa popped on, nav screen and time flicking. I pulled into Parking lot. Turned off.

Pop hood, battery is only 2 years old, connections clean and secure.

Sat for 20 minutes. Able to start again without a jump, but volt meter dropped fast again.

Gonna have it towed to local toyota store as I'm about to go out of town on a business trip.

Any thoughts ????

With problems like this always test the battery then the alternator. Sounds like it might be your alternator based on how fast its dying.

Yup, battery first, then the alternator. The symptoms could also be duplicated by a bad battery and even though only 2 years old, they do fail young sometimes. What year truck, how many miles, is the serpentine belt ok, and were there any other symptoms prior to failure?

Yup, battery first, then the alternator. The symptoms could also be duplicated by a bad battery and even though only 2 years old, they do fail young sometimes. What year truck, how many miles, is the serpentine belt ok, and were there any other symptoms prior to failure?
2006 LC with 104k miles. Just bought it, arrived off transport, I went to drive it to gas station and it died about 1/2 mile from my house.

PO had all service done at a toyota dealer so I can look what was done recently, that may give me some ensight.

Here was the last service

IMG_9054.PNG

Good additional info. I think that makes it a bit more likely to be a failed battery that died from being completely discharged. I hope the dealer tests/replaces the battery first.

The service recored was posted while I was writing the above. So it has a history of starting problems. Hmmm.........I'll still go with bad battery for now, but not quite so sure at this point.

My 2006 LC did the exact same thing over the weekend. Luckily it happened at my workplace. I left it there and bought a battery today - trying that first, then looking at the alternator as the possible culprit!

My 2006 LC did the exact same thing over the weekend. Luckily it happened at my workplace. I left it there and bought a battery today - trying that first, then looking at the alternator as the possible culprit!

Fingers crossed it's just a battery. What's average cost for a new alternator, done at the dealership?

Battery only had 37 CCA and a dead cell. And alternator wasn't charging either. Replaced both. End of story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom