For Sale 2005 Tacoma Access Cab SR5 - 4x4 - 6 Speed Manual (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

241625_10100342072046772_302812_o.jpg

May I introduce you to Black Betty, my unicorn, complete with her own theme song

Truck started out in AZ (currently in southern CA). I bought it from a firefighter in Phoneix who was driving back and forth from Flagstaff all the time. He put ~80k miles on it in 3 years, and I have added another 75k in the past 8 years. Mostly road trips to and from AZ/ CA and all around the southwest. It has been wheeled a few times, but not a ton. Paint does show AZ pinstripes. Roof and hood were repainted a few years ago by a shop I worked at that built concept cars for big auto shows (it is a strong paint job). Rear quarter panels and door sill over front doors are showing signs of sun fading.

2005 4X4 Access Cab SR5
- 4.0 with ~155k miles
- 6 speed manual
- Teflon coated American Racing gunmetal 16" wheels with year old BFG TKO All Terrain 285/75/R16
- Tires have nationwide certificates from Discount Tire/ Americas Tire (blow a tire its about $60 for a replacement instead of $250, I've had to use it once and was totally worth it)
- Bilstein 5100 adjustable ride height front shocks (currently set to level to minimize wear and tear on front CVs)
- Camburg 1.25" Uniball Upper Control Arms (less than a year old with new bearings)
- K&N intake (+ stock intake if you live in California, needed to get by smog)
- Registration is due this month, depending on how fast the sale is I may do that
- Aftermarket exhaust (need to confirm which brand)
- Snugtop Sport camper shell
- Just replaced hinges and upgraded the lock
- Bed has a bedrug installed, super comfy for sleeping in
- Interior is pretty much stock
- Cabellas front seat covers (cloth underneath is in super good condition)
- Super dark tint, for those AZ summers :)
- Viper car alarm with remote lock
- Key fob makes extra beeps like it is not receiving a confirmation from the truck, but works fine. I had a shop check it out and he said to not worry about it. In the 8 years I have owned, the alarm system has never locked me out

Maintenance
- Front wheel bearings and CV boots replaced last year at dealer (~$1,000)
- Oil changes every 5k miles
- Full brake fluid flush June 2015
- Marlin Crawler Shifter Seat installed June 2015
- New rack and pinion with polyurethane bushings installed June 2015
- Just replaced all 3x U-joints 1/30/16
- Just replaced serpentine belt 1/30/16
- Front Diff Fluid replaced 2/4/16
- Front Diff 4x4 ADD actuator soldered 2/4/16
- It's been super trouble free since I've owned it with the little-required maintenance I have done
- It is ready for the Toyota TSB for the rear leaf springs, so as soon as those are in stock, those will be replaced by dealer (if it doesn't happen before I sell it, any dealer should be able to take care of it)

Need to do
- Replace drivers side sun visor, it broke and won't stay up. I have it ghetto rigged to stay up. This has been bugging me for a year, but just haven't taken the time to buy one

Black Betty is located in Huntington Beach, Ca.

Online gallery of images: https://goo.gl/photos/SvEovsMK9JLA3qHu8 (some below as well)

Asking $15,000 or best offer.

She is one bad ass truck and I wish I could keep her forever. My first child is due in about 7 weeks and I need something with a little more room in the backseat.

Open to trades for 100 series Land Cruiser or LX470, 2001 or newer, preferably with out the stock navigation.

I am going to clean her up this weekend and will add current pictures once I do. I wanted to get the ad up and going.
Reach out with any questions or specific picture requests.

These pics are from a few years ago and show her with Mud Terrains, she currently has all terrains on.

221198_10100273647120872_6930039_o.jpg

1914742_765531935802_5961572_n.jpg

1914742_765297400812_3890174_n.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe trade for a 68' fj40?? I just posted my ad and your rig is what Im after. Go see and let me know. jesse

I have a wonderful Prius V for trade! :)

Great looking truck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom