Builds 2003 LX470 Overland Build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We finished the trail, ate some dinner, and headed back to sleep for the night. The next day we began our journey home. If we had driven straight away, we would've gotten home in ~5 hours, but we were still technically on vacation! We took the opportunity to stop at Copper Club Brewing in Fruita, CO and Casey Brewing in Glenwood Springs, CO. Casey was a brewery I've been wanting to visit for quite some time now (big sour fan), so that was an awesome treat on our way back home. The trip was amazing, but it was nice to be home in our own bed again.

It was an amazing trip and my only regret is not having more friends along for the ride. I'm already looking forward to the next trip (wherever/whenever that may be), but in the meantime, I guess I should clean the red dust out of my Lexus, fix the rear house electrical problems, and probably make sure all of the trail damage that incurred along the way isn't going to lead to anything serious down the road!! :hillbilly:

If you stuck around reading my whole trip report, props to you. I know it was wordy, but I really wanted to document and remember this experience. If you're in Colorado and want to meet up (maybe run some trails???), shoot me a message! I've got the itch now that I'm back home again!! :cheers:

IMG_3936.jpg

IMG_3943.jpg

IMG_3944.jpg

IMG_6697.jpg

IMG_6709.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Looks like an incredible trip. Thanks for sharing! Bummer on the Toyo tires. Howd the LR4 handle the trails compared to the LX?

Looks like an incredible trip. Thanks for sharing! Bummer on the Toyo tires. Howd the LR4 handle the trails compared to the LX?

The LR4 was impressive! I think because of my larger tires and slightly more clearance, I was able to tackle slightly gnarlier stuff (not to mention I was willing to go a little harder in my LX), but my dad definitely has the better driver mod equipped. I wish he hadn’t caught the sidewalls because it really cut his time short, but when he comes back with KM3s, I’ll get a better idea of how his truck is compared to mine

Looking forward to the review! the LR4 is a handosme looking SUV.

About a month ago, I took on the job of replacing the timing belt, accessory belt, and water pump. I broke three breaker bars in the process of getting the crank pulley bolt free (no idea why it was torqued down so hard). Using a crank pulley puller was a lifesaver getting it off, and the reinstallation of everything was surprisingly easy. After driving it I can say that everything went perfectly, and I have other's in this forum to thank for their detailed threads on the job. I'll upload some photos of the job once I am able to for the sake of my cataloguing of everything

Next on the list is to inspect my front rotors for warping, I've been getting varying braking intensity on the front end recently. I imagine it's likely due to the Napa solid rotors I replaced in the front as opposed as to the DBA slotted rotors I installed in the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom