For Sale 2003 LX470 for sale - California (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello,

I am planning to sell my 2003, LX470.
Originally from Tooronto, Canada.
Bought April, 2017 for a trip across North America.
Bought with 236,000KM / 147,000 Miles
Current mileage is 254,000 KM / 158,000 Miles
I am currently in California. Will be touring the south west for a short while.
Reason for selling is because the trip will end in about a month or two.

2003 model highlights:
- updated interior
- 5 speed auto
- transmission dipstick

Here is history of maintenance done to the truck in the 8 months I had it:

Date Km Service
4/22/2017 236,000 engine oil Mobil-1 5w-30
4/22/2017 236,000 engine air filter
4/22/2017 236,000 spark plugs from Lexus
xxxxxxxx 243,000 Krown Rustproof
xxxxxxxx 248,000 engine oil Mobil-1 5w-30
15/11/2017 252,000 Hawk Green Pad - Rear
15/11/2017 252,000 diff oil - M1 75w-90
15/11/2017 252,000 t-case oil - M1 75w-90
15/11/2017 252,000 Lower Ball Joint
15/11/2017 252,000 transmission oil - redline dt4 (4.5Liters drop and fill)
15/11/2017 252,000 suspension kit - IRONMAN

3rd row seat is not included, however, u get a drawer system instead.

My asking price is $15,500 USD.
I like the car, I dont mind taking it back home with me and keep it as a weekend car if it doesnt sell.
Non-members can contact me through: tareq.overlanding@gmail.com

Thank you!!

ZYjVHYX.jpg

XHGBBBg.jpg

fopCjLm.jpg

6wHfalw.jpg

tagZCXe.jpg

SodxrYX.jpg

2SWCq8U.jpg

Last edited:
Will I be buying at Toronto then import it to USA or is it legally imported to USA already?

It is a Canadian car. I dont know the legality of registering it in ur specific state. I will deliver it to the buyer (if he is on my trip route) then it is up to him to register it. I am currently between california and nevada.
Please check ur state laws on this just to be safe.
Thank you,,,

The travelog photos are not very helpful, you need good shots of the details if you want to sell it.
I would include a photo of the Federal Emissions sticker if it has one as without that it will be
a challenge to register it in any US state.

The travelog photos are not very helpful, you need good shots of the details if you want to sell it.
I would include a photo of the Federal Emissions sticker if it has one as without that it will be
a challenge to register it in any US state.

Thank you, but what details would u like to see?

Also, i am not sure what laws i need to comply with over many states. Thats the responsibility of the buyer to find out the laws in his specific state.
It passed emmissions in Ontario when i bought it.

I just arrived in Sandiego now if anyone wants to see it. Might go to Baja Mexico

Plz check pics requested :)
@mister bean
@ad27326
@medtro
@Evan Kapel

Rinsed as much dust as possible yesterday and took these pics , let me know if you need more info

Edit: i think there is still too much dust and dry mud, but this is the best i can do at the moment. I will wash with a high pressure and hopefully get better pictures.

0J3D0dK.jpg

jln3dni.jpg

90oRw38.jpg

DRpquMp.jpg

1pBH58s.jpg

Last edited:
Tareq from what I know you ll have to legally export that truck or else the buyer will have problems registering it. (Coming from a Canadian that has sold two cruisers to the u.s guys)

Tareq from what I know you ll have to legally export that truck or else the buyer will have problems registering it. (Coming from a Canadian that has sold two cruisers to the u.s guys)

Thank you for the info, i did not know that.
Are you from Ontario?
I guess i will just drive it home and sell it local, or keep it.

Hi Tareq, US buyers shouldn't have a very difficult time registering your LX in the US, as this model was effectively sold in the US. The buyer or you would need to use the "Substantially Similar" clause which allows foreign cars that are similar to those sold in the US to be imported with few paperwork and hopefully skipping the EPA tests which are very expensive. You would need to obtain a letter from Toyota Canada confirming the model similarities w/ the US version (even better if you can get a similar letter from Toyota US as well). Obviously you would also need to do the exports docs in Canada. IMO i think you'll be better off selling it in Canada... Hope this info helps:cheers:

Hi Tareq, US buyers shouldn't have a very difficult time registering your LX in the US, as this model was effectively sold in the US. The buyer or you would need to use the "Substantially Similar" clause which allows foreign cars that are similar to those sold in the US to be imported with few paperwork and hopefully skipping the EPA tests which are very expensive. You would need to obtain a letter from Toyota Canada confirming the model similarities w/ the US version (even better if you can get a similar letter from Toyota US as well). Obviously you would also need to do the exports docs in Canada. IMO i think you'll be better off selling it in Canada... Hope this info helps:cheers:

Thank you for the wealth of info!
Yea i think i will just drive her home,
Perhaps she is a keeper, haha! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom